JeffCa

Rookies heading to Elsinore

Hello all! I want to say hi and thanks for this resource you've provided here. I've been reading it on a nearly daily basis for the last few months in preparation for getting back into skydiving, and I've learned a lot from you, which I believe is helping me to approach this with the correct attitude. I've learned:

1. that I don't have mad skillz.
2. that I'll never be so good that skydiving can't kill me.
3. who Sangi is.
4. what Booth's Law, the Germain chart and the Bill Von checklist are.
5. boobies.

I've also attached a quote from Bill Booth in my signature that I want to think about every time I jump.

So more about me. I got my A licence on a static line course at a Cessna DZ from the Australian Parachute Federation nearly 10 years ago, but haven't jumped since. I have 1 tandem, 7 static line and 12 solo freefall jumps. My girlfriend did her first tandem a few months ago. She has read The Skydiver's Handbook by Poynter twice since then. Anyway, after getting out from under a mountain of student debts, I'm finally at the point in my life when I can get back into skydiving. The money is in place, the flights and hotel are booked, this is really it!

We'll be at Elsinore from March 15th-April 2nd. I'm doing a recurrency program and my gf will be doing her A-licence program. I'm interested in reaching out to any of you who jump at Elsinore and don't mind being seen with a couple of rookies. It would be great to know some people there when I arrive, especially if you might be another student in training or even my instructor. I'm also interested in hearing from you if you're an Elsinore female involved in the Sisters in Skydiving program, which I'd like to get my gf hooked up with.

Blue skies and soft landings!

"So many fatalities and injuries are caused by decisions jumpers make before even getting into the aircraft. Skydiving can be safe AND fun at the same time...Honest." - Bill Booth

Thanks for your replies!

Andy, the Elsinore staff told me there's also a Norwegian invasion at that time (which is why we couldn't book the bunkhouse). They said it's a good thing, will keep the loads going up all day long, even on weekdays.

"So many fatalities and injuries are caused by decisions jumpers make before even getting into the aircraft. Skydiving can be safe AND fun at the same time...Honest." - Bill Booth