AirPork

I love this sport....

I am a super-newb skydiving student.

For the last 16 years, I have been working in the circus we call the criminal justice system. I have gone from wearing a tie to wearing camoflauge.

Eventually, I hope to wear the tie again....

The thrill of skydiving has given me a second grip on my youth. It reminds me that I still have many new adventures ahead of me.

I am a long way from having done it all..... but there is no doubt I am getting closer.

Thanks to all the instructors / skydivers / riggers / pilots / mechanics who have welcomed me into their circle.

I pledge to bring good energy to y/our sport, while fostering the positive image of this unusual addiction that we share.

Tomorrow, when I stare at the ground at 12500 AGL.... and stare at the prop blast..... I will not fear that head first exit.....

OK, it is a bit terrifying...... but it's gonna ROCK!!!
We came here to eat donuts and kick ass, looks like there aren't any donuts.....

Congrats!!! think you might be able to jump with a tie.......
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

It was the best two days I've had in a while.

I almost doubled the number of jumps I've done so far, and I tripled my confidence in freefall and under canopy.

The simulated emergency exit was a real confidence booster, because I had practiced the dive exits several times beforehand.

My new DZ family made me feel right at home. Can't wait for my next jump.
We came here to eat donuts and kick ass, looks like there aren't any donuts.....

Just made it to jump number 15 and I must say that my coach was a genuine Uchidachi...

I am currently looking for a worthy gift. Any suggestions? It must have a Zen quality so that it retains the quality of her instruction based on relaxation, visualization, and affirmation.

I was thinking of a river rock with an etched Kanji "Sensei"

I am a super-newb skydiving student.

For the last 16 years, I have been working in the circus we call the criminal justice system. I have gone from wearing a tie to wearing camoflauge.

Eventually, I hope to wear the tie again....

The thrill of skydiving has given me a second grip on my youth. It reminds me that I still have many new adventures ahead of me.

I am a long way from having done it all..... but there is no doubt I am getting closer.

Thanks to all the instructors / skydivers / riggers / pilots / mechanics who have welcomed me into their circle.

I pledge to bring good energy to y/our sport, while fostering the positive image of this unusual addiction that we share.

Tomorrow, when I stare at the ground at 12500 AGL.... and stare at the prop blast..... I will not fear that head first exit.....

OK, it is a bit terrifying...... but it's gonna ROCK!!!

More power to you enjoy the sport !!
I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??

Just made it to jump number 15 and I must say that my coach was a genuine Uchidachi...

I am currently looking for a worthy gift. Any suggestions? It must have a Zen quality so that it retains the quality of her instruction based on relaxation, visualization, and affirmation.

I was thinking of a river rock with an etched Kanji "Sensei"

A great gift would be to make her proud that she had good training skills. I mean hold fast to the safety lessons even as you feel you can handle things much better in the future. Make her smile when she sees you always do what she taught you.

I specific instructor sort of bugged me, hammering in certain lessons that I knew already. Then it really occurred to me what he was trying to do.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”