phreeloader

25 days & counting

I've been lurking a while and post on something every now & then, but decided it was time to pop in for a formal-ish introduction.

I started IAD at freefall express in Mt.Vernon MO 15 years or so ago, But after a couple of jumps I ran outta time & money. Then I got started working a couple of jobs, got married, had kids etc and time got away from me.

But a year or so ago my job was eliminated and I was given to choice to move to either Ohio or Central Florida if I wanted to stay employed. Long story short I wound up moving just outside of Deland FL & found out that I was practically living in Skydiving Mecca.

So I've spent the last year or so taking the Wife & kids to The Perfect Spot at Skydive Deland for lunch until she finally got the hint. :)

I finally scrounged up some time off & some cash and I'm all set up to start my AFF in December. So if you see a bearded newbie hanging around, stop by and say hi :) I'll be sure to keep ya'll posted on my progress

My real name is Jay. I believe I've seen you up there a few times! :)I also usually have 2 kids in tow, a 10yr old boy & a 7 yr old girl, who are way more excited about the playground equipment than the people falling from the sky

And, what's up with the goat thing, or do we not want to know your personal life? ;)

LMFAO! We've got a (very) small farm in DeLeon Springs. It was suppose to just be a few goats, and some chickens... But now we're up to 13 goats, 150+ chickens, a handful of rabbits, a couple of peacocks & turkeys, some minipigs, and I just bought 2 emus.

So give it a few months and I'll be the guy trying to trade livestock for a new rig :D

I will look for you the next time I'm there.

I've known one other person who had a goat. When I was young, my Uncle and his family had one. We visited them one time and had fun feeding and petting it. The next time we went back, the goat was gone. When I asked about it, he nonchalantly said, "we ate it." I couldn't believe it, and it forever changed my opinion of my Uncle. I always made sure I was well behaved around him, just in case....;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Congrats on passing the levels and starting you AFF! How has the weather been holding out down there? I just got some contact info from one of the ladies that work at the wind tunnel I go to in New Hampshire for Skydive university! I'm trying to workout flying down to Deland and taking 2 weeks or so off of work to go through AFF and get my A license this February. Hopefully the weather holds nice for the weeks I come down. do you know typically how the weather acts in Feb?
Lovin every second of it!