aatif96

More addictive then cigarettes and heroin...and safer too :)

I'm a noob jumper from NH with Pepperel being my home DZ. Just passed my Cat A and B and doing C1 and 2 this weekend. I cant even begin to explain how much this sport has changed my life in the short time ive been doing it. I've been a bigger guy all my life and thought these activities were just for the ultra fit. Not anymore, I've come to realize what I'm actually capable of. Also as a side note, since starting the cult of CrossFit, it has helped my body control tremedously.

Its scary how much I think about skydiving now. As I type this in my 4x4 cubicle Im already missing the smell of the cold clean metalic air inside the Otter climbing to 13,000 ft. Im beginning to love the nervousness I get when I step to the edge of the door and poke my head out. I'm hyper-sensitive to every sensation right before I step outside and then feeling the sensory overload as I prove Newton's theory of gravity. Suffice to say, addrenaline is a hell of a drug and I'm a junkie (first step is acceptance). Its gotten to the point where I price things in relative to jumps (my recent nikes cost me half a jump). Anyhoo, im so happy I found this sport and cant wait to see where it takes me.

i was 275 lbs this time last year now im 220 lbs with much more muscle definition. Doing CrossFit helped me quit smoking and motivated me to fulfill my dream of skydiving. Now that im skydiving I have a lot more confidence in every aspect of my life. Its helped with my depression, motivation, and self esteem. Knowing I'm doing something that only a relatively small population of people have the courage to do, makes all the other obstacles in my life less daunting. Whether it be weight loss or any other challenge in life, I am living proof that anyone can achieve their goals. Nothing worthwhile in life is easy, but hard work and perseverance will always pay off in the end.