klobe36

Newbie Looking for Dropzone in Ohio

Hi there. I did my first Tandem jump last summer and the though of getting certified has consumed me ever sence. I plan on starting an AFF program this summer and am looking for recommendations on picking a dropzone. I live in Columbus and have narrowed down my choices to Sky Dive Columbus, Sky Dive Warren County & Middleton. I don't mind a bit of a drive for the righ fit. I plan on visiting each but would appreciate anyones thoughts.

I have it in my head this is going to happen so I want to make concrete plans soon as I don't want to keep putting it off and having sky diving be something i always planned on doing. I appreciate everyones help.

Thanks!

Hey sounds like we're in the same boat. I did my first tandem in September and it was one of the best experiences I've ever had. I live in southern part of Ohio though, near the WV border, so I went to Canton Air-Sports. It's kind of a small place but the closest one to me, so that's where I'll probably be this summer getting my license

Hi there,

I live in Columbus as well, and jump at Skydive Greene County. Granted I'm a noob and have only jumped at SGC, but for what it's worth I absolutely love this place.

Everyone is very friendly and welcoming, I have never run into the skygod mentality. There is also a heavy emphasis on safety. After just a few months there, I have made some great friends and truly feel at home hanging out at the DZ for the weekend. I have nothing but good things to say about the operation and those who run it and jump there.