ultraviolet

Type 2A 3 ring riser loops

Has anyone ever heard of putting beeswax or something else (rubbing it in) to your Type 2A (white loops) for your 3 ring on your risers, to help stop them from getting a little fuzzy and possibly fraying ?

Heck no! That's a terrible idea. If the loops fray, change the risers. One of the only ways to fray a loop is to tie the risers together while packing, then drag the container across the ground while stowing the lines.

Leave the beeswax in the hive.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I would add that if you know of someone who did that, you should tell them that several very knowledgeable riggers said it is a very bad idea. I can just hear Bill Booth's response to this, ringing in my head right now...

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

Bee's wax would simply make the type IIIa loop stiff. (I chose this line in the first place because it is so supple.) There would be two results: 1. It would take more force to pull the cutaway cable through the loop. 2. But actually, that wouldn't matter, because the "treated" loop would probably be so stiff that, even if you could pull out the yellow cable, it would hold the smallest ring down like a fish hook. I my experience. riser loop don't fray without some very good reason. Find and fix the reason. Risers don't last forever. Please replace them before they break.