bert29

First AFF Jump Tomorrow

And I think everyone around me is tired of hearing me talk about skydiving :)
I am nervous and scared and anxious and stronger than ever all at the same time. I have made two tandem jumps so far and have come to the conclusion that skydiving is like sex; you never forget your first time but you're much better the second time. There are blank spots in my memory on the first time, like how the hell I got out of the plane in the first place, but I remember everything the second time and I was able to consciously make decisions on the way down.

So I decided to do the AFF, and the time has come. With all the thoughts going through my head, I can't decide if I'm nervous about nothing or everything.

The biggest thing I did differently on my second jump was listening to my instructor when he told me to relax, and that's my plan for tomorrow, to listen to the instructors and to relax. Whether I'm tense or not, I'm jumping out of a plane tomorrow so I may as well relax, do what I'm taught, and have fun. S#(^ I'm nervous and excited and miles deep in my own head. Sorry for the rant.

I just got back home. It went very well. I was prepared. I'm a larger guy, 75" 240 lbs and I fall fast, I would love to draw cartoons about my feelings because those were great and similar to what I was feeling, but I draw like a chimpanze holding a broken crayon with its feet.

Things couldn't have gone smoother. The AFF Instructors ensured that I was very well prepared, which really helped me to relax while in freefall. I pulled at 6500, but that was about the only issue. All in all, I'm thrilled and cannot possibly say better things about my instructors!