Adamm0621

Greeting From Afghanistan...

I've decided to get back into skydiving. I did two tandem jumps several years ago when I turned 18 (Skydive Spaceland, Houston, TX.), completed the AFF course in Monterey, CA back in 2006, and then life sort of got in the way.

I got married, moved to South Korea for a few years and was unable to continue working towards my "A" license. I am presently deployed to Afghanistan and am in the process of a divorce.

As a result of my current situation, I spent the better part of yesterday morning trying to think of what I should do and how I should proceed with life once I return to the states six months from now. I decided that getting back into skydiving (now that I have disposable income and an abundance of free time on my hands) would be a thoroughly enjoyable course of action.

The nearest DZ is located just down the road from where I'm stationed in Kentucky. I stopped by to check the place out about a year ago and was impressed with the atmosphere and the people.

I look forward to getting back into the sport and learning as much as I can during the next six months until I can actually jump again. Adam.

First of all i want to say thanks for wearing the uniform! Look forward to seeing you at a DZ some day in the future. And i don't give a damn how many firsts you have. I'LL BUY THE BEER!!!! It's the least i can do for my younger brothers who put it on the line.
AirBorne!
Blue Skies and stay safe brother!

Thanks for your service!

You'll replace your ex with dozens of new extended family members at your new "home".

That's what I felt this weekend after my first trip to my new "home".
The feather butts bounce off ya like raindrops hitting a battle-star when they come in too fast...kinda funny to watch. - airtwardo

Big welcome to the forums bro. I'm in Afghanistan right now too, and got about 10 months left. There's a lot of good info to read here and while you have time to read up beforehand I suggest you order a SIM (skydivers information manual) which will teach you a LOT and it's not in the horribly boring format that a lot of manuals are written in. It does cost a few bucks but no big deal: http://www.uspa.org/SIM.aspx

If you're totaly sure you're gonna stick with it you can order an altimeter, goggles or helmet. Actually it might seem like I'm encouraging you spend a lot of money on this stuff right now but that's not really the case. It's more food for thought than anything. Glad you found the light man!!