Kira57

Hello from Houston...

New to this site and to skydiving, so wanted to introduce myself. I did a tandem two weekends ago and became hooked instantly! I start STP ground school next week, with STP 1 the following day (hopefully)! I am extremely nervous to jump solo, but hope with the training I get from the ground school, that will eliminate some of the nerves!

Glad I found this forum for my new passion; there is a wealth of knowledge here...thanks to all of you!

Welcome from another fellow Texas jumper! It sounds like you are extremely stoked about this awesome venture! Houston has outstanding dropzones and you are gonna have a blast.

Keep us posted and good luck!:)

Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

New to this site and to skydiving, so wanted to introduce myself. I did a tandem two weekends ago and became hooked instantly! I start STP ground school next week, with STP 1 the following day (hopefully)! I am extremely nervous to jump solo, but hope with the training I get from the ground school, that will eliminate some of the nerves!

Glad I found this forum for my new passion; there is a wealth of knowledge here...thanks to all of you!

Lets see....Houston + STP = Spaceland right? ;)

I was down there two weekends ago, we must have crossed paths a few times waiting for the sun to come out. :D

Welcome to the addiction, look forward to seeing you progress and have some fun! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Well, I went to ground school last night...so, my next step is AFF/STP 1. However, I feel like I bombed that class last night and now questioning whether I am ready or not :| Not sure if it was ADD, stage fright or what, but I just could not get the emergency maneuvers down! Is this common? I know how important taking in all that info was and am frustrated with myself...so, I have been stuck in my manual all night!

Well, I went to ground school last night...so, my next step is AFF/STP 1. However, I feel like I bombed that class last night and now questioning whether I am ready or not :| Not sure if it was ADD, stage fright or what, but I just could not get the emergency maneuvers down! Is this common? I know how important taking in all that info was and am frustrated with myself...so, I have been stuck in my manual all night!

Play it over in your head, but ASK questions when you get back with your instructor.

Great bunch of I's down there, explain what your concerns are...they will sort it out with you. Don't worry they won't let you go until you get it down. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I look at the EPs as a series of deliberate actions rather than "EPs". I hope that makes sense. Step 1: Look red; Step 2: Grab red... etc. If I let it get into my head that I am training to cut away and deploy my reserve, it starts to become overwhelming.

I'm a total postwhore when it comes to this video, but check this out. The first part happened mainly because I was thinking of the SKYDIVE, not Step 1: ARCH. Just my way of thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-QssF1JRXU

Me? I wouldn't go up until I'm comfortable, BUT I would also do whatever I need to to make myself comfortable. Yeah, I only have four skydives, but at this point, I'll say that it has been worth every penny and every ounce of mental energy spent.

GOOD LUCK! Now get in there and gear up! ;)

Sincerely,
Kevin