JerseyShawn

Welcome a newb!

Hi, Im Shawn. Just started my AFF. Cat 3 next, when the 10 plus days of rain move out of here! Blasted rain!

Im just here to merely evesdrop and gather questions/ideas for my jumpmasters at the DZ (wont take advise on the internet).

I bought an altimeter, helmet and goggles after my first jump being I know I love it. Other gear will come when I decide on what I want to do with the sport. I dont know what I like more, freefall or being under canopy! Coming from a pilot background I really do cherish the slow ride down. Cant wait to exit last and pull high!

Ive always wanted to skydive/fly since I was a kid. In 3rd grade I jumped off the top of the bleachers belly first to see what freefall felt like (previously watching skydiving on the tube the night before). I ended up with a broken and fractured middle fingerB|

I executed jumps A and B just fine with perfect landing both times. Understanding flight patterns, elevation, and flaring from piloting probably helped with that. Didnt need the radio assistance. Even with 60mph uppers and about 13 mphs ground, I managed to land on target, with a few 180 degree turns.

Sorry to bore you. Blue skies people!

Thanks for welcoming me! I can't wait for Cat 3, they let go of me! I did a 10 minute block in the wind tunnel and was able to stay stable, do 360 turns and stop stable the last 5 of my block without touching the wall. I tracked foward and back too.[email] I think the tunnel will really help out me progressing. Ill post my first my first solo jump after AFF via youtube.

I love how everyone at the DZ, instructors and jumpers, are all so positive and helpful. Really a great and unique group of life loving people!

So you started BASE jumping in the 3rd grade . . . and that was sans parachute! :o

Glad to see you are taking the proper course this time and best of luck with the rest of the training. It just keeps getting better!

The meaning of life . . . is to make life have meaning.