jumpergrll

new and in love with SD!

Hi everyone.. I did my first tandem two weeks ago, second tandem a week after that and just did AFF 1 this past weekend! Yes I am spending all of money but as silly as this sounds I feel like I've found what I didn't realize I was missing! Not only am I ecstatic about the sport but also feel like I am quickly making new wonderful friends. I had been putting off doing a tandem for years because I could never get anyone to do it with me and finally decided to stop waiting and go by myself.. why did I wait so long? Anyway, just wanted to say hello and am hoping to meet new friends... Happy jumping!

Welcome to the skies and good for you for just going and doing it!! A lot of understand what it's like to get totally hooked and to discover a whole other group of people.

Skydiving is best and yes it costs a lot but it's so worth it. Enjoy, good luck with the student jumps and blue skies!!

i have heard of it but that's all. i haven't gotten to jump outside of georgia YET! i will have my B license in a few weeks and i plan on doing some out of state jumping in florida this winter.

good luck with your aff and blue skies! let us know how it's going from time to time.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

Ok I should probably add here that my AFF Lv1 was tandem progression... Did great in class but I do have major "dooooor" panic so I was afraid to do it without my TI/AFFI who has made my experince phenomenal so far. After the jump he said I was a few levels above where I should be and that I'm not giving myself enough credit ; and I was much less terrorized when the door flew open but now thinking about going to Lv 2 this weekend not in tandem gets me really anxiety ridden. I guess I'm afraid I'm somehow going to start spinning and tumbling if he and my other AFFI lose hold of me and then I'm going to really panic! Any advice?B|

I'm doing my training at Oklahoma Skydiving Center... know it?

I am a fellow Okie chick- though I did my training through static line at Chickasha- hopefully we will jump together some day!
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

I figured I would come in here and welcome you to the forums since I have welcomed a few others. So welcome and good luck with the rest of your aff..:)

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I guess I'm afraid I'm somehow going to start spinning and tumbling if he and my other AFFI lose hold of me and then I'm going to really panic! Any advice?B|

Embrace the fear, enjoy the fear. It will dissipate within 20 jumps or so, so enjoy it while it's still there. That's all part of the fun of learning!

[replynow thinking about going to Lv 2 this weekend not in tandem gets me really anxiety ridden. I guess I'm afraid I'm somehow going to start spinning and tumbling if he and my other AFFI lose hold of me and then I'm going to really panic! Any advice?B|

I can relate to your fear! I did 4 tandems before I got up the nerve to do AFF... even then had all your same fears of tumbling (pretty much through the Entire AFF... yeah, I stopped watching youtube!!!). Like was said, Embrace the fear :) trust your instructors, trust your arch! Have fun!!!

Thanks to everyone for your input! So.. I ended up doing tandem progression for two more jumps due to anxiety, then level 1 solo.. which went great! My DZO decided I needed only one JM for level 2... which freaked me out lol.. I ended up psyching myself out and had major stability issues. Just rejumped level2 sunday and was able to GRIN and be more relaxed (still with one JM), stayed pretty stable but struggled with turning. I'm just thrilled that I was able to enjoy it and start to relax though instead of panicking!!;)