marksaadet27

Holy Mother of God!!!!!!

They do say life begins after 40 so after making the decision to go for my first tandem skydive I can now confirm it certainly does.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD WHAT A RUSH!!!!!!!
So like many before me the phrase TOTALLY HOOKED rings true.
The guys at DZEFES in Selcuk Turkey were fantastic and very professional. So the decision is made to go for my AFF.

The only point I want to raise and maybe the seasoned/experienced can shed some light on this. Are tandem jumps usually so bloody uncomfortable. Normally I would say its enough to put you of the sport for life.

The free fall was one hell of a rush but once the chute deployed I seemed to loose all feeling in my arms. And then there was the instant nausea which put a slight downer on things. Now I am not overweight athletic build but my weight is 95kgs at 6ft 1in would you say this is normal for a first jump and would you expect the same on the AFF course?

The good thing after all that is that I am still going for the AFF course and my class A licence
HOOOOOO RAAAAAA!!!!!

Glad to be part of the forum and all you guys stay safe.;)

The tandem gear is usually comfortable for most, but it is made to fit all kinds of body types, the same with your student gear you will be using on AFF. The great news is that custom sport gear is made to fit your body and feels great! Just gotta suffer through this a bit.

As far as the nausea, it could be a few things, mostly the adrenaline rush, you might have been so busy getting ready and being excited that you forgot to hydrate properly and might have not eaten, or just ate right before you went up. Its a real sensory overload at first. Welcome to the sky keep it up its a blast, be safe:)

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Are you a person who jumps right in the pool, or do you stick your toe in first to test the water temperature? That's pretty much the difference between doing another tandem or AFF now. It's really up to you and no one will judge you either way, everyone progresses at their own level.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I don't know about your DZ but at the one I go to it costs the same for a tandem or for the instruction to start the static line progression (they don't do AFF).

For that reason I would suggest not doing more than one tandem and also because I think it's more fun to go right into solo skydives. Basically I don't know how it is at the DZ you're going to but I don't see much point in waiting to get started on solo progression.

Hope that helps a little.

Greetings Bro!

Yes, it gets a whole lot better. The nausea will go away in time. It's just your body trying to process all of these new feelings. I call it the 3 Ps...piss, poop, or puke. It's natural. I still get the first 2 real bad before my first jump of the day. After that everything is cool. Just yesterday, I heard one of the other new jumpers talking at the DZ. On the way in He had to stop the car twice to puke on the side of the road.

I started last summer at the age of 47. I wish I would of started sooner, but me income wouldn't allow it.

Just wait until you get some air time with AFF. Totally dif!

Blue Skies and Welcome to the obsession!

~H
Cause they know, and so do I, The high road is hard to find
A detour to your new life, Tell all of your friends goodbye