droquette

JAvelin '96.. good for freefly?

I NEED to get my first rig and am looking at a 96. jav and was wondering if it has the tuck tabs and all the rest of the features to make it freefly friendly... let me know what everybody thinks..
thanks,
blue skies!
dan
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

My 92 Jav was fine. The only mod it had on it was a bridle cover - which this 96 jav may or may not have. It's a tiny mod to get if it needs it. There should be no velcro already and everything's closed with tuck tabs.

It should be perfectly fine. Designs have come on a little since then, but it's a long way from something people would generally describe as "unsafe" for freefly.

One more small thing to add... Make sure the canopies you are putting in are similiar to the correct size for the rig. Otherwise the container will be soft and the pin/riser covers won't work as well.

Good luck with your search :)
Team Flew-id
Making freefall pretty since 1998

I have a 93 javelin and it works well for freefly. I orginally had problems with the riser tuck tabs and main closing loop flap, but my rigger did a couple of mods and its doing great. Mine also has velcro bridle protection, and its safe as long as the velcro is in really good condition.

MB 3528, RB 1182

I have a 93 javelin and it works well for freefly. I orginally had problems with the riser tuck tabs and main closing loop flap, but my rigger did a couple of mods and its doing great. Mine also has velcro bridle protection, and its safe as long as the velcro is in really good condition.

I have a 93 J1 what mods did your rigger do???
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I have a 93 J1 what mods did your rigger do???

he replaced the little flap on the bottom of the main closing loop flap, the one with the hard peice of plastic in it. he basicially sewed on a new one that was longer, and now the main closing loop flap won't pop open in the plane or in freefall.
not really a mod, but we also spent like 30 minutes bending the riser cover tuck tabs the opposite way, to get them back to their original shape instead of curved... now they never pop open in the plane or in freefall, where as they used to pop open at least once every jump.

sometime soon i'll probably have him add a bridle protection flap. along with safety it will also add to resale value.

MB 3528, RB 1182