NYJumper

started my AFF

all i can say is AWESOME fun!!!!

Took my ground class 2 Saturdays ago... did 2 jumps last Saturday and now just waiting for another nice weekend to get out there to finish up my levels...

i feel very comfortable in the air... but my final landing approaches are still iffy...

the radio and instructor guidance DEF. makes it easier... i just need a couple of more jumps to get the feeling locked it for landings

did AFF 3 & 4 of friday took off of work but ended waiting couple of hours for winds to die down in the morning...

my landing pattern is becoming more comfortable and height for time to flair is starting to click...both landings were stand up... even with the wind as gusty as they were...

aff 4 i got a little frustrated as i jumped with a different instructor small female women... not as if that bothers me or is the reason...

for my practice pull and deployment pull... she whore a Neptune 2 on her wrist and i grabbed it both times since it was just 2-3 inches from my piliot chute...she was grabbing the high point of my leg harness...

but on deployment i reset and grabbed again and slid up to pilot just before she was going to deploy it herself...

after all said and done. i passed 4 and just waiting for another nice day to do 5-7... my free fall is very good once in position... she flew around front and we just fell straight... she didn't need to make any adjustment to stay with me while i turned and fell....

i just need to work on my legs... i dont right off the bat put them to the 45deg.. its close but they always throw a quick 2 finger and im good... just need to get that muscle memory...

Thats good that your training went well so far. With my first 14-15 jumps, all of my landings, I was coming in where I was either touching down with my feet and falling forward or sliding on my knees. Needless to say, my timing wasnt all there. Then I used the search button on here for any advice or tips on when to really flair and get a stand up landing. I found that someone said that they wait till they can pretty much see every individual blade of grass on the ground. So I said what the hell and gave it a try. Next thing I knew, every landing has been a stand up since then.........unless of course I am landing off the main area and misjudge the 4 1/2 foot grass at the time.....that was a fun landing.

As for the legs and the muscle memory, that will come with time. In the mean time, have you ever thought of going to the tunnel to work on your flying skills?
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

yeah that's kinda when i start my flair when i can count grass blades....

i hear great things about tunnel time and refining skills whether it be from beginner to advance skills...

unfortunately there is no tunnel anywhere near me...

NY