ryanmcconnell84

New Member :O)

Hey guys, I first went skydiving 4 years ago out in Tuscan AZ when I was down there for spring break, I jumped at 11,500 ft and it was tandem.
I currently had to move to Ames IA for work and noticed they have a skydiving club.
I want to start and get into this, as it take all the training and pass all the certifications.
I wanted to get thoughts on what things i need to buy if i am just starting out. Like what type of main chute ect.
I am 5'7 1/2 and weigh about 155. I was trying to find some online but not really sure where to start. so any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
RyanM

Yeah dude, a rig is so far out for you right now you dont even need to consider it. youre going to have to throw down enough cash as it is without a rig, so just work on paying for AFF and all your jumps, and once you get closer to your A liscense THEN you can think about a rig. but like he said, if you insist on buying things, buy stuff like an ali, and helmet, stuff you arent going to outgrow soon and have to resell in a few short months
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Skymamma,

As I watch this site, this type question comes up quite often. I wonder if there should be a forum called "FAQ's for the Newbie" to address the common newer jumper questions such as when to buy gear, how to get in with the experienced jumpers, how to use the search feature on dropzone, etc. I know there are several veterans that could help build this FAQ forum since they have read these repeat questions most often. I have seen many of the veterans on the site tell them to use the search feature, but if they are truly new I assume they ask this type question before they know that a search feature even exists.

Just a suggestion for you moderators to mull over. Have a great day!
THRIVING IN MY DASH!!

Thank you for all the quick responses :)As told haha I will wait until i finish my A license. I am going to head over to the airport today and see if I can get some prices and see what they all say. I'm gonna try to flex my manager muscles and offer him some discounts on some jewelry in my jewelry store to see if that could help bring down some of the cost. If not its always worth a try ;)
But again thank you and I will try to keep everyone posted.
Ryan M