apt3studiodiver

maybe I'll see you around...

Wassup guys, finally got my A- license last weekend, still have to send it in and get the actual card.. got water training on Nov 20th, so I'm waiting till then to send it all in at once.. A long way from my first tandem 3 years ago and still a long way to go! So maybe i'll see some of you around, always open to learn so if i see you out at a DZ my ears are always open. Getting my own rig this winter, and maybe doing some jump related traveling next year :D

See you guys around;)
www.apt3studios.com
www.musicpromotiononline.com
www.internetcafegaming.com
D.S. # 4321

Right on Dude!

Working into my A as well. I hope to have it completed next summer once the rainy season is gone.

Shoot me a PM. I'd like to hear about some of your triumphs and pitfalls in getting your license.

~H
Cause they know, and so do I, The high road is hard to find
A detour to your new life, Tell all of your friends goodbye

Definitley hooked Captain :) Was hooked from my first jump. Hooked before that actually... I grew up next to a DZ and used to watch the skydivers coming down as a kid from my backyard. I am 30 now, so I did see a few rounds come down too. :D

--HoldTheICe--
..no need to Pm out here in greetz..

Get that A license!!!! I could have gotten mine wayyy earlier this year but took the 'solo status' for granted. One of the pitfalls I fell into was jumping at at a 182 DZ that luckily got a Caravan most of this summer and fall. Not wanting to "waste" the caravan jumps on my final check dive, I kept jumping solo and doing x-ways with the close friends that 'would jump with me' still being on student status. The later part of this year I still had no license and was signing log books with "Nick Bagnoli - A# 0" on jumps that I wished I could have signed with a valid license number.... not fun to know you can attain the license but havn't yet.

The one good thing that came out of that is that when I was able to get one of the instructors to jump with me, I aced my check dive (+ 1) out of the 182 and not the Caravan (no turbine rat here, I love our lil beat up 182 just as much as the Caravan ;) ) (instead of just docking once, I swooped in, docked, L360, docked, R360, docked, 180, tracked, pull) as all the skills required during that dive I was able to work on most of this season. (ohio season, but un-naturally it is still kinda warm out)

My advice... Listen to your instructors, they watch you jump. People on Dz.com can only guess about what you think you are explaining well.

So the 'better' advice I can give... Even if its a cloudy day out and you cant jump, hang around.... you'll learn something even if you dont jump, thats how I learned how to pack ;).

www.apt3studios.com
www.musicpromotiononline.com
www.internetcafegaming.com
D.S. # 4321