mutumbo

hey everyone

So im not exactly new to the forums, ive been lurking around here for a while, and thrown up one or 2 posts, so I figured id introduce myself, the names, John, im a 23 year old Firefighter/Paramedic from central florida. I plan on going through AFF as soon as i can get enough money together, then working on my A license, and just seeing where the sport takes me. :)
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I want to have the cash ready to get completely through my AFF, with some to spare in case i fail a level or two, thats all. But im getting rather impatient with all this saving so i just may go ahead and start soon, since ive got enough to pay for the first few jumps.
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Welcome to the forums! :)

Thank you! :)
Im not sure, either Lake Wales or Deland. . . .im closer to lake wales, but Deland has a better (or should i say bigger) reputation.
Any recommendations?

I say go ahead and start, and the money will magically make itself available for additional levels. It's true... You might end up with a second job, but you'll find a way to finance things ;) I kid. Cost decreases GREATLY after coming off student status, especially if you can afford your own gear. Trust me, once you make that first jump, you'll be much more motivated to follow-up with additional ones.
AFF 1: $320
AFF 6: $850
Beer: $36
Not having to wear the bright blue spandex student jumpsuit because it's the only one small enough to fit me: Priceless

Well, I'm not familiar with Lake Wales since they recently became under new ownership, but you can't go wrong with DeLand. The staff is very experienced, planes are great and students have their own landing area. It's my home dz, so I may be a little biased, but I hope to see you there!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

yeah, they look like a better place to go, the prices are pretty comparable, the biggest price difference between the 2 is the $70 difference of the 1st jump. that and about an hour and a half drive. ill prolly head there just for the sake that it is a bigger place and more people to meet and gain experience from.

Hey!
I know the feeling! I ended up taking out a small personal loan at my bank so I could pay for the AFF course from start to finish....also bought a rig. I have NO regrets. Making monthly payments, but I get to jump!!! Not that Im suggesting you do the same, many would advise if you dont have the money, dont finance it.....but I wanted it and I wanted it bad. Do the first few and Im sure you will find the money to continue. Its like drugs....its addicting and you always find a way!!! (better than drugs!!!!)

Corinna

Hey!
I know the feeling! I ended up taking out a small personal loan at my bank so I could pay for the AFF course from start to finish....also bought a rig. I have NO regrets. Making monthly payments, but I get to jump!!! Not that Im suggesting you do the same, many would advise if you dont have the money, dont finance it.....but I wanted it and I wanted it bad. Do the first few and Im sure you will find the money to continue. Its like drugs....its addicting and you always find a way!!! (better than drugs!!!!)

Corinna

Yeah I thought about doing that, and its a possibility if i can land the job I want. But either way, Ive got enough to pay for a few classes, and then ill just go from there. :) Good luck with you AFF by the way. :)

I want to have the cash ready to get completely through my AFF, with some to spare in case i fail a level or two, thats all. But im getting rather impatient with all this saving so i just may go ahead and start soon, since ive got enough to pay for the first few jumps.

you might be close enough to the farm to benefit from their a license package deal. 1800 will get you your a license. its in georgia close to to the alabama line. you could get aff done in a weekend or two and then come back and jump when you can. i go out there and camp for the weekend and jump. might be worth checking into.

edited to add http://www.skydivethefarm.com/
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

you might be close enough to the farm to benefit from their a license package deal. 1800 will get you your a license. its in georgia close to to the alabama line. you could get aff done in a weekend or two and then come back and jump when you can. i go out there and camp for the weekend and jump. might be worth checking into.

HMMM, yeah, ill definately look at that. thanks! :)