chris03852

took first aff class but no jump :(

Took my first AFF class last Thursday, only 2 of us in class went great except one thing..the weather. Started off sunny and clear but by 9am no jumps were being made because of overcast. Kept my fingers crossed all day but no luck, my 4pm all flights were grounded for the day. Hopefully good weather on Tuesday. Tough to find time to jump with a 7 year old and the weather has been wet here in New Hampshire all summer. Have been going through the steps over and over and over again in my head. People must think I am wacked talking to myself all the time. ARCH ARCH ARCH

It's called 'hurry up and wait.' :P I waited for my jump for 2 or 3 weekends. Be patient, learn all you can in the meantime, and be ready! :P

Oh and see if you can learn packing early on. Oft times, you can be signed off on your packing requirements before you even get your license. That's the one benefit of downtime via bad weather...you can always learn something! B|

Doing an unassisted pack job is a requirement for the A license.

Out of curiosity, where is that recorded once you sucessfully do a pack job? Is it put in your log book with a rigger signature?

There is an A-license card that comes in the back of the SIM that has all the required things and spaces to have them signed off. There are two different versions of the card. Have you gotten your SIM yet?
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Doing an unassisted pack job is a requirement for the A license.

Out of curiosity, where is that recorded once you sucessfully do a pack job? Is it put in your log book with a rigger signature?

There is an A-license card that comes in the back of the SIM that has all the required things and spaces to have them signed off. There are two different versions of the card. Have you gotten your SIM yet?

http://www.uspa.org/USPAMembers/LicensesampRatings/Licenses/tabid/87/Default.aspx

that is the url for you a license progression card. i wouldnt worry about that till you get through your aff jumps cause you will have enough to do without trying to knockout the card as well. if you do complete any of the card on your aff jumps you can always get someone to sign it later.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

Start filling out your progression card with your very first jump. Ask your DZ which version they use (long or short form).

There is a section of the card for each category and if you wait to start filling it out it will take much more time to do than if you (well your instructor) fills it in after every jump. There are learning objectives for every category.