IMALSUTIGERFAN

Hi From Louisiana

Hi From South Louisiana, I just started skydiving a couple of weeks ago, did a Tandem jump than went back this weekend and started my AFF class's. I have really enjoyed it. Although I did find out that I don't fly (ok fall) very well, but I will def keep going back till I get it right. I have a couple great coach's that are so willing to share there knowlede with me.

Hello, and congratulations on returning from a tandem for more training. I did the same myself but I spent a year between tandems, before mustering the courage to take the F.J.C..Personaly I've gone back and forth from graduated freefall to A.F.F. and now back to the graduated method, also because of freefall stability( potatoe chipping)It's been suggested to me that if I can, to spend some time and money in a vertical wind tunnel. Another school of thought more recently has been that yes a wind tunnel will quickly get you into a stabil arch, but that expence can go towards, time in an aircraft,exiting,launching,under canopy, and landing.
Especialy on your own without radio ( the nipple) are all the good fundamentals. But go the route that you feel confident with! If something dosent sit well in your heart seek an alternatve but persevere!
Be Brave, embrace the fear,
even if your not, pretend to be.
No one can tell the difference

Hello everyone,

I am looking to start jumping again. I am trying to find a good DZ in Louisiana. I was active army, i've got 30 military static line jump. I want to try the ram air chute. Better landing than the round brown t10 chutes. I am tired of doing PFL!!!!!

V/R
Edward

Hi Tiger,
Good stuff, keep it up!! I made my first jump at Hammond Airport 08MAY64 with Southland Skydivers. Lots of LSU fans around!! Back in the day, most jumping around South La. was from Cessnas till Bob "The Stud" Munn got a Howard DGA-15P!!! Dont worry about "Not falling very well??" You went straight down didn't you!!? Have fun!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Right on! I'm going for my last tandem at Skydive Nawlins in a week, then i'm wearing my own rig! It hasnt even been a month since my first jump, and i'm already addicted!

The lady who runs it, Brenda, is really nice. My instructor is "Hippie" Tom Tharp. I'd like to make it to gold coast some time soon.

Where you located? Belle Chasse, here.

Right on! I'm going for my last tandem at Skydive Nawlins in a week, then i'm wearing my own rig! It hasnt even been a month since my first jump, and i'm already addicted! The lady who runs it, Brenda, is really nice. My instructor is "Hippie" Tom Tharp. I'd like to make it to gold coast some time soon.Where you located? Belle Chasse, here.

Yeah, they are a real nice group there, Hippie was my tandem jumper also. That is one cool dude.I am in Central,La a little city between Baton Rouge and Denham Springs

Hello Everyone,

I found a DZ in vivian,La. They are located at the Vivian Airport. I did a tandem there. The people are great.;) This weekend I will start my static line progression course. I enjoy putting my knees in the breeze.

V/R
Edward

Hello Everyone,

Well, I got my first 3 jump under my belt now. Only 22 more to go. LOL How far is Camp Shelby from the Gold Coast Skydivers. I will be in Camp Shelby in Jan. I want to get a jump in before i go to the sand box. B|

Its only about 40 mins south of Camp Shelby, let me know when you are coming the last thing I can do is buy a MAN a jump before he gets sent to play in the sand box...THANKS...B|

Hello Everyone,

I got 2 more jumps under my belt now. I finished my static line part now. I did my first Hop and pop last weekend. I have to do it again. I had a good exit and arch but once i pulled the throw chute my left leg started to kick lol. It was like i was trying to swim in the air. It was funny once, I was on the ground. I have to get use to that delay. My mind was saying one thing, My body was doing something different did not know what to do lol.

I can say I have good canopy control. Both of my jumps I landed on my feet and no PLF for now lol.

It is different from those round browns. I have more control!!! I thing, I do miss about Airborne Operation is when we do mass tack with over a 1000 paratroopers in the air. You hit the ground do a PLF and look up and see so many people in the air.

Take care Everyone ( Keep those knees in the beeze )

V/R
EdwardB|