RWR9

Spring is in the air...so am I

Hey everyone
Wanted to give an introduction in hopes of familiarizing myself with a lot of you in the community. Ive done nothing but dream about jumping since my first jump last summer.
Living in MI stinks since we cant jump here all year long. Winter has been hell and now that spring is teasing its way closer im going crazy thinking about freefall again.

My first jump (and only jump) so far was a tandem last summer. I loved every second of being in the air. However I HATED the fact that I was strapped to someone. BORING! hahaha I didnt feel the rush having someone on my back doing all the cool stuff. Freefall is great but I can imagine its not the same when you can feel someone behind you. Dont get me wrong..going along for the ride was fun...i just need something a little more exciting!
Ive been working my butt off this winter so i can just go ahead and get my A license. Ive been learning as much as I can from browsing the web...but im sure you all can offer much more. I hope to be talking with many of you in a near future!

Rachel
Rachel

Welcome to the foums! :)

Im SO excited. My DZ opens tomorrow!! Im excited to see the new place (Allegan...previously Hastings Skydive Inc.)
Im going to be starting the training hopefully as soon as they are ready. I really want to do an AFF but they start off with a IAD...which is ok.

If any of you will be there...come say hello. Ill just be hanging out watching and enjoying the weather :)
Rachel

I agree with you on the tandem. It was OK but not my cup of tea. The first AFF jump was much better, and each subsequent jump kept getting even better - and I've only done a few so far. I hope that you are able to get into the sky soon. What a great way to end the winter and the cabin fever!

Blue Skies!
The meaning of life . . . is to make life have meaning.