wisdom62

Semi New Skydiver re-training in Colorado

Hello everyone, Its been awhile since i have been on this site as I took an unwanted break from skydiving due to work. I am going tomorrow to Mile Hi Skydiving in Colorado for my refresher ground course and coached jumps. I just wanted to say thanks for the enourmous wealth of information this website provides and hope to meet some of you local Coloradoan to jumpe with.

I've read some questionable reviews about Mile Hi Skydiving saying they are so busy with tandems, its hard to get any jumps in. I hope it is not always like this and I am planning on jumping every weekend. It is the closest DZ to my home, but I might just have to go to Boulder if the DZ is better there. Anyone have any experience with the Colorado DZ's I would like to hear your experience.

Well Blue skies to everyone,

Josh

Welcome back! ;) Good luck on your jumps tomorrow, let us know how it goes. I think you should go to both dz's and decide for yourself which one is the better fit for you.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I now wish I did not stop jumping because I had to go through the ground course again. The ground course was a good refresher and I'm glad I went through it, but it took like 7 hours. When I did it the first time it was at a very small DZ and it only took a couple hours since it was only me and the two AFF instructors. The instructor at mile-hi did a great job and he ended up being my instructor for my AFF4 recirc jump.

The twin otter plane is amazing especially after only jumping from cessna's. Once I jumped It did take about 1000 ft or so to knock the rust off, but I relaxed arched and it all came back. I didn't do much but a couple turns and a dock. I did have some fun while under canopy, well as much as you can with a 260 and perfect stand-up landing in the snow.

Mile Hi is definitely busy with tandems and students which keeps the staff very busy. The staff that I met were cool and very helpful just busy. Overall it was a good experience and I'm heading back this friday to get in a couple coached jumps and some solo's. I want to get that A license as quick as I can.

Also looking to meet more local fun jumpers, I'm in Fort Collins. so hit me up and lets boogie.