sunburnedbuns

New too!!

Im new too. To dropzone and to skydiving. Tomorrow is my first tandem and then I know im going to be convinced to get my AFF.

My boyfriends best friend already did a tandem and he is who got us hooked just by talking about it. Hes so excited and when we do our first tandem tomorrow he will be doing his first AFF jump.

Ive wanted to jump forever then I had my two wonderful boys ages 9 and 11 and was scared something could happen to me. Now after lots of research I see where most of the accidents come from. People acting silly and getting too risky. So here I am.

I flew up in the co-pilots seat 2 weeks ago and got the feel for the plane ride. Going up sucks but once everyone jumped out it was a blast the pilot did a few sharp turns with me so I could get my feel. LOL Anyways, I know im going to be nervous because that day I walked through to the front of the plane, I just felt the "oh sht" come over me of one day being back there. Im doing the video too so I hope everything turns out good.

Wish me luck!! Here I come skydive houston!:D

You're a laywer, you get a lawyer answer: It depends.B|
Some DZs only offer one or the other. Some people want to get to freefall right away. Some people have more money than others.

I went static line. It has the advantage of introducing concepts more "one at a time", but can take longer. As a S/L student you will get more canopy control early on, because you don't start off doing full jumps from 10k.
I think that's good, because when (not if) you have a screwed up freefall jump or bad opening, the canopy part of the jump will be much more ingrained, and you will not be overwhelmed by a whole new and different experience while trying to come to grips with what happened during freefall (This isn't just theoretical- I had it happen).

Both are good, lots of people do AFF, and I'm sure someone will post in favor of it. In the end, you get your A license, and that's what really counts, right?

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

i think aff is better only because it gets you free fall experience right away and you can know "if i do X then Y will happen" and you learn free fall control faster i think unless you have a wind tunnel you could go to but aff is more expensive and takes less time but iad is cheaper

Well we didnt get to jump because of high winds. They grounded the plane most of the day and then told us only experienced skydivers. That was fine though we called in we didnt drive all the way out there. Plus I was sick all day and wouldnt of enjoyed it.:( Hopefully we jump next weekend.

Cant believe we waited till fall to start jumping burrrr...

Honestly this is what my boyfriend and his best friend wanted to do. AFF. Our friend wanted to be able to jump right away on his own. He said the class was very intuitive. I honestly havent given AFF or Static line fair thought. Not until I do my tandem. Ya never know might not be for me. :ph34r: