earleybird85

Just got my A license!

First off i just want to give a big thanks to everyone at Skydive Sussex here in upper New Jersey! They are my home any will always be no matter where this sport takes me.

I'm Jay! I've got 31 jumps under my belt and am seriously addicted to this sport! I went through AFF with no repeats and do ok during freefall. Still a shit load to learn but I'm pretty happy with my progression. One thing I really want to work on is canopy control. Is there anything i can do besides the flares, 360's, riser turns... ect. ANY suggestions or advice would be awesome! Also how many jumps and and at what wing loading should I be before I really start thinking about purchasing a canopy? thanks and Blue Skies!

Jason

Congrats!! It's a great feeling. As for working on canopy control, have you had the opportunity to take a course? That might be the next step, if it's available to you. Have you talked to your instructors about doing a canopy stall? You've got your 'A', so I'd assume you have, but ya never know. Talked to a rigger or an experienced packer about taking a packing class, or just started watching people pack? Don't be afraid to ask questions, either. :)
Oh, and HAVE FUN!!!!

Cheers,

Skydude

PULL!! or DIE!!

Two things:
1) Your instructors know you best and would be the only ones to provide the kind of answers you are seeking.

2) Yes, there is something you can do and your instructors will agree with this.
-You can develop good habits by...
-You can help prevent injury/death (yours and others) by...

Beating it into your head to make yourself practice head-on-a-swivel and clearing-your-airspace under canopy....every day, every jump.

You can go one step further and beat it into the heads of others to do the same.

Sounds like a lot of "beating" going on, eh? I'm really not a violent person. Now spankings may be another horse altogether.
:D:D

Welcome to the world of skydiving!

Fly safe, eh?

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

I've got no advice for you other than keep jumping. ;)

Oh, and don't forget that case of beer.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will long to return."