jvanauken

greetings from nj

James Van Auken here. I'm 23 years old, from southern New Jersey, just completed T2 on Sunday 9/7/08 - T1 on 8/16/08 - and start Ground School on Saturday 9/13/08.

Can't wait to learn all I can and fly for years to come...

Blue Skies!
- james

"i want it all and more."

Hello James - welcome to the world of skydiving!

Listen to your instructors!!!!!

And don't be afraid to ask a question, even if you think it's dumb. It's better to get your answer at the risk of looking stupid than making a mistake and getting hurt (then you REALLY look stupid). [:/]

Have fun and be safe! :)

http://3ringnecklace.com/

Yeah! Another NJ newbie, just like myself!!!

Hi James - I'm a couple of steps ahead of you @ XKeys. I have AFF 3 Saturday morning so I'll be around, too. I'm sure I'll see you there.

The instructors are fantastic. Good luck!

PS - Hey Luis! Hope your time is going swiftly! I thought of you last night as I was driving home from work. I was on Route 206, saw one of those huge planes, and said, "Yeah, I'd jump from that!". :P

Take care!

Always be kinder than you feel.

If it was over 206 and it was big, it's probably the one I fly!! Hahaha. I've thought about it too, but there'n no way to get out:(

It was HUGE! When I'm in my backyard in Hammonton, I always see the 3 big ones flying in a row..... At night that looks creepy!!

No way to get out? Darn. There goes that fantasy!

:P

I know!! Everytime I fly I'm trying to come up with a way to get the hell out. I guess you can get out of the nose gear. But that'll take too much time, and there's no way to fit with your rig. Damn!!

LOL! Well, that'll make your return to Cross Keys that much better!

I'm on for tomorrow, I hope the weather works out... :(

Sorry (whisper)... Lucky you!!! I miss drunk nights at the Tiki bar! Did you guys stay at the DZ or when out as a group?

LOL - thanks for whispering. ;)

It was a DZ night. Party back at Sam & Neil's place for both of the Sams birthdays. It was a lot of fun and I met even more awesome people!!!

Lots of beer (Blue Moon, Yeungling), Patron, Jell-O shots (very tasty!) and I think there may have been some vodka involved. Luckily, I was able to crash up there and came home this morning to endure my hangover in my own bed.

Newbie lesson: I can't drink like that and expect to jump the next day. I'm not that tough. :P

You didn't jump????!!! I just saw the weather report and it's beautiful. That's blasphemy!! Just kiding, I've done it a few times and as soon as you get out ouf the airplane your stomach goes to your throat.

:::: ducks for cover :::: It's beautiful here today and no jumping for me. :S

I got 1 jump in yesterday with Nathan. The heat and humidity really got to me so I had to bag the rest of the jumping day, went home, took a cold shower, stopped at Canal's for a couple of cases of beer, then back to the DZ for the festivities.

This morning before I left to come back home I was looking at the Skyvan and picturing myself puking all over in there, then never being able to show my face around there again!!! Not to mention cleaning the student rig of alcohol infused puke. Not nice.

BTW, one of the other students (John) had a cutaway yesterday -- on his 13th jump -- after we were all sitting there before he jumped telling him that since 13 was my lucky number, it was a good sign. :o

Can you believe it?

BTW - to the original poster James - Dude, where were you yesterday? I looked for you to say "hey!".

Hahahaha please don't puke in the Skyvan!! I helped Jonei put the carpet in there. I don't want to do it again. Was it John the pilot? Ohh well, you'll have many days to jump in the future. By the time I come back you should have yor B. That reminds me, I need to take my C test.
Everything in excess is bad... except skydiving and sex!

Hahahaha please don't puke in the Skyvan!! I helped Jonei put the carpet in there. I don't want to do it again. Was it John the pilot? Ohh well, you'll have many days to jump in the future. By the time I come back you should have yor B. That reminds me, I need to take my C test.

I solemnly swear to never foul the carpet of the Skyvan out of respect to you. ;) If John is the Hawaiian shirt, baseball hat wearing dude (I did meet him at the party but I do not remember his name - LOL), then he was the pilot Saturday.

Yeah, eventually I'll finish the training and get my A. At this rate, you'll have your D license before I finish my A. :P

:)

My friend had work on Saturday, so we had to reschedule ground school for Sunday. We have two jumps set up for this weekend though... T3 on Saturday and AFF 1 on Sunday :) We will surely cross paths sooner than later.

Ohhhh.... I had to bag jumping Sunday - see above posts - :P.

I'll be up there all next weekend. I'll keep an eye out for you!

Good luck on you AFFs!!! B|