Carrapeta

Hello my name is. . .

Rich, my friends call me Carrapeta (Ka-ha-peta) my other friends call me Mexico (Mexx for short)and, my other friends (and Grandma) call me Frijol Saltando.
You can call me whatever you need to !!!

I'm brand new to the sport- REALLY new - as in Aug 30th is my frist AFF class and hopefully , weather permitting, 1st jump as well!!

I just wanted to say waddup to everyone and ask if there's any advice you may have for a rediculously excited newcomer!

Thanks a bunch and see you in the skys!!
Frijol Saltando
B|
If your gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Your mom goes HandHeld

Hey Rich! Welcome to the forums and the sport! I'm a student too, completing my level 5 jump this weekend- weather permitting. Cross your fingers!

AFF is a blast! Make sure to enjoy it to the fullest and learn a lot. Get to know the skydivers at your DZ- don't be shy about getting out there and meeting people! It's a great way to socialize and learn a few tricks of the trade. If all goes well, you never know... you may end up diving with them some day!

The most important thing to remember is to just have fun! Don't focus too hard on the task at hand, or it's easy to experience sensory overload. Relax and remember what you have been trained to do, then let it come naturally. I ran into some trouble during my early levels of AFF because I had trouble just relaxing and letting it flow. I tried to forget the air (and the fact that I was falling) and accomplish the tasks as fast as possible. My instructor told my that I skydived like a robot! Lol. Once I learned to relax and have fun with it it was so much easier and there was a lot less stress.

Good luck, and be sure to let us know how everything goes! :)

Thanks for the welcome!! Trust me I'm not afraid to get out there and meet people!! I'm pretty much a hyper-active jokster! With a serious side . . .kinda.:S

9 days 'till L1 !!! Dangit I wish they had a spot for this Saturday!! Oh well, soon enough! I'm having dreams about this and haven't even jumped yet!

Thanks for the advice! Stay calm, relax, have fun, and remember my training. CHECK.

Later
I'll be lurking alot but I'll post any updates.

Your mom goes HandHeld

WOW!!! I knew it was but now I know it is!!!!
Skydiving is definitely for me!!
Went this weekend and passed AFF levels 1&2!! I love it! The plane ride, the exit, the drop, the alti checks, the throw, the canopy flight AND the landing!!! WHEEEEEEEWWWW!! All of it is ssoooooo much fun!! I'm going to a tunnel this coming weekend and doing 2 or 3 more levels the following weekend!!

What can I say?. . . . I'm in love. :)

Someone said and, I believe him. . ."once the canopy opens the wallet never closes. . ."

Rich

Your mom goes HandHeld

Yes, that was for sure me B-boyin' at the DZ!!
I have problems sitting still!!;)

edited to add. . .
I don't know if I can wait two weeks to jump again!
I think I'll have to go for L3 this week!!
GADDANG this is addicting!

Later
Rich

Your mom goes HandHeld

Thanks!! I have dreams of one day being good enough in the air to even think about stuff like that!!

So, the update . . .

Well I passed L3 &4 so, on to 5 next week!! It felt great actually getting to fly my own body!

As soon as they let go I could tell the difference. I got a little wobble and then stayed pretty stable for the heel clicks and the rest of the flight. Solid solo deployment (as usual – I’m good
at saving my own ass I guess;)!!).

On level 4 with just 1 JM (about 1200’ :o by the time I checked alt we were just above 11k) but, I did solid 90 deg right/left turns AND forward motion
to dock with the JM!!! We broke off at about 6K and nailed another solo deployment at 5500’
on the dot!

They downsized me from a 260 to a 240 canopy and I felt great flying that thing!

VID OF THE LANDING
I was crankin’ crazy spirals in the air using my body to lean into the half brake turns !!! Canopy
flight is THE shit!!! On level 3 (not in the vid) I landed right next to the instructor! On L4 (the one
in the vid) the wind took me kind of weird so I landed a little close to the tandem pit but still executed a great pattern and landed into the wind!

This is BY FAR the coolest thing I've ever done!! I can say for sure I'm hooked. It seems like every jump is the time of my life, the most fun I've ever had and then I realize shoot, this is just the start. . .
I don't even know what fun IS yet!!

Alright, I better get back to work. . . Thanks for reading my rambles!

Frijol Saltando (This name works for Breakdancing AND Skydiving!!)

Your mom goes HandHeld

WWWwwwooooooooeeeeeeee!!!!
Passed L 5&6!! 360deg turns, Barrel rolls and back loops are soooo damn fun!! Next weekend Diving exits from the plane an whatever else they have me do for L7! After that I want to try to get 3-4 solo jumps in!!
I can't believe that every time I jump it's funner than the last and thinking this was the most fun I've had in my life!!!

10k ft backflips !!! I love this shit!! :D:D

Your mom goes HandHeld