SkydivaII

Haaaaaay!

Hey everyone! Guess what!? I just signed up for AFF in a week over Skydive Chicago's summerfest!

So pumped. I've tandemed twice and skydiving has been in and around my family for years. I bought the rig that's in my profile from a family memeber that can no longer jump. I'm glad to be able to carry on her rig and her spirit!

I'm pretty much just looking for some basic pointers. I'm camping out at the DZ for the week, so I know to bring a tent :P But what else should I be loading in the car? What to wear, What to bring, What to expect, good pick up lines for cute skydiver boys ;)

I'm looking for anything. Thanks and happy falling!

Megan
She did not know that she could not fly so she did.

Spread your arms and hold your breath and always trust your cape

Welcome to the site. There is already a thread about what to bring to a boogie, I just couldn't find it. I'm sure one of the post whores better at searching will get it. But real quick is sunscreen, lots of water, a hat, lots of money, and if you are even just a little serious about lines for boys, you had better have LOTS of condoms.

To get a little serious for a minute, take the time to read this thread. It might give you some things to think about while you are at the DZ.

Have fun, stay safe and be nice to all the boys you turn down. ;)

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Welcome to the forums! :) Seriously, I think most women in the sport get plenty of attention without even trying. That can be a great feeling, but you also need to keep your wits about you.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Welcome. You'll LOVE AFP at SDC. It's just amazing. All the instructors are great instructors and great guys.

Massive amounts of water are essential, especially with the weather the way it has been. You can go the bottle route but it would probably be more convenient to get gallon jugs. You can get food there during the day, but you'll probably want some snacks in case you get hungry late at night and don't feel like driving anywhere to get food. ALCOHOL, outrageous amounts of alcohol. Don Julio will make you real popular with the instructors real quick.

As far as what to wear, if you have Under Armour or similar moisture wicking clothing, that stuff is REAL nice to wear under a jumpsuit on a hot day. Other than that just normal t-shirts and shorts/skirts. Don't forget your swimsuit for the pond either.

Doubt you'll need pick up lines. If all else fails come find me. ;)

Hope to see you out there. I'll be the guy everyone is calling skittles. :)

Thanks for the advice! Just for the record...I didn't realize how um 'inviting?' the sport was for single mid 20-something girls. I didn't mean to make myself out to be a target or whatnot!

That being said...I've already been warned about the "oh! This is your first ! That's a case of beer!" And I'm getting the feeling that the real tests are more so if I can make it through the nights rather than if I can make it through the days :)
So...I have no jumpsuit. Remember how I've just jumped twice? I'm hoping I don't need to find one in the next four days... Will I be okay just jumping in street clothes or will they have one there to use?

I'm pumped. Did one of my tandems at SDC and can NOT wait to get in the air again.

Skittles - does your nickname come from the shotgunning incident? ;)

Thanks for the advice! Just for the record...I didn't realize how um 'inviting?' the sport was for single mid 20-something girls. I didn't mean to make myself out to be a target or whatnot!

We're friendly people. Especially me. Don't worry about it, I'm not that forward on the DZ. :P

So...I have no jumpsuit.

They give you, and require you to wear, one. So I'd really suggest some Under Armour or something of the sort. Personally when I'm in my jumpsuit I wear compression shorts and a compression shirt with just my jumpsuit over them. It also gives me a reason to strip in the hangar when I'm switching between the suit and my freefly pants or my shorts. :P
The ladies seem to like seeing me in my tight clothes. :D:D

Sounds like you already know me, and my history. :$
How'd you hear about that night?
Is the story making its rounds to the tandem crowd now? :$:D

Sounds like you already know me, and my history. :$
How'd you hear about that night?
Is the story making its rounds to the tandem crowd now? :$:D

No worries. It's not there...yet. :o I just read your thread about being "that guy".

See you out there!