mmartin1872

just found this site, thanks for the reviews

Hey. I was just browsing the internet looking for helmet cam setups for snowboarding and came across this site. thanks to the reviews here I'm going to have to look at a different setup than the POV 1 setup, (I couldn't find a review for the POV1... other than from sites that sold the camera, until i stumbled onto this site.)

I Figured i'd register cause... Well cause I lived on a dropzone on the weekends, as a child for 15-20 yrs.. My dad was one of the first skydivers to jump into UBC when he was a university student in the 60's or 70s. Then in the 70's sometime My father ran the skydiving center on his farm in Yarrow, until him and my mom split.

Then him and his friend Bill opened up Chilliwack skydiving center. By the end of a summer (early 90's), he realized he wasn't making money so he got out of that and became an accountant.

His airplane (Cessna 180) was fairly well Known... CGSES. As the jumpers called it "See Jesus", which the airplane eventually did, when it went in, 50 ft from the dropzone runway in Chilliwack.

Anyways.. My skydiving history.. as a child I had the entire 1st jump course memorized. I jumped about 5 times after I turned 19.. Wife has forbid me from jumping, because she thinks its not safe.. I still tell her that it's as safe as you make it. I think i'm swaying her into letting me jump again. I find its defiantely addicting and that probably explains why my mom and dad where so into it. One day I'll get to jump again... One day. Anyways... Thanks for the welcome.

I've told her that it's safe. Its safer than riding my motorbike, or driving my car. The gear is great now a days, its not like you're jumping rounds anymore.

my wife is just scared of skydiving because she hasn't been around it.

I figure a little more nagging on my part, and I'll get to jump again maybe this year. I would really like to see her jump though, just because of how much skydiving has had an influence on my life, even if she just jumped once.

Not much of a novelty though really is it.? My dad blames all his back problems on those old rounds. I myself think its more the age and body physique (i think thats the polite way of saying it.) Actually come to think of it, I wouldn't mind trying out a round just to feel the progression that the sport has taken in the past 40 yrs. but first things first... get my wife to let me jump again.

I'm not sure skydiving is actually safer than driving a car, however, the two do have something in common:
You can make either as unsafe as you want.
But using your common sense, not going to fast to soon and following advice and criticisisms from the instructors will take you a long way in remaining whole.

Good luck getting back in the sky mate, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Not much of a novelty though really is it.? My dad blames all his back problems on those old rounds. I myself think its more the age and body physique (i think thats the polite way of saying it.) Actually come to think of it, I wouldn't mind trying out a round just to feel the progression that the sport has taken in the past 40 yrs. but first things first... get my wife to let me jump again.

Watch it...:o....wisdom and treachery, beats youth & skill....anyday! :D

Awww....rounds are cool, they can open up a whole new world of jumping. :)
"T'was ever thus."

Watch it...:o....wisdom and treachery, beats youth & skill....anyday! :D

Awww....rounds are cool, they can open up a whole new world of jumping. :)

I've been under a round once. The landing sucked! But it was neat to put in the log book. :D
If I stand on my tip toes, I can see the weekend from here!