jwilkinson

aff count down

I plan on starting in March and have spent countless hours on this site and others viewing rigs, watching videos, window shopping for a bunch of stuff I think I want but don't know where to begin. Where and when do you plan on starting? Hope it is sooner than later. See ya!

Who else is getting ready to start there aff coarse and cant seem to stay off this site. Its so addictive that I have been trying to drink more to kick the dz.com habit.

This place is just about as addictive as skydiving itself. Drinking won't/can't cure the addiction. You just end up drunk posting.B|B| Have fun when you get to AFF. I'm sure ready for lmore jumps if the weather will just cooperate.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

so I get 2 spaceland about 9am yesterday, go through malfunction junction, fill out dive flow worksheet get with my aff instructor. We walk into manifest and the i get the bad news. wind is up to 18 and being level 1 I could not jump. sat the rest of the day in the hanger. waiting, never got to jump. will have to wait another week:(

"Smoke" and "Candlefish", are you being punny? I guess the anchovies are a salt and beer thing. I had a craving for anchovies one time and called in a pizza. When I got there some drunk was sitting at the counter going on about, " what kinda idiot would order a anchovy pizza." Ahh, Mr. Idiot here to pick up his pizza Sir. Wish I would have had a camera!

"Smoke" and "Candlefish", are you being punny?

Nope....Candlefish are small fish he would catch at night near the mouth of the river in the Eureka, CA area. He smoked them, sort of like smoked salmon jerky.....yummy, by the way.

OP.....sorry about the hijack:$
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

levels 1,2 and 3 in the books. 3 standup landings on target....targetish:) exit on 1 little unstable, pulled my left knee towards me until I realized it was going the wrong way. lots better on 2 and 3. overall a great day. cant wait till the 13th to get hopefully get 4-9 done.

thanks, I did get 4 jumps in today. first solo exits went pretty well, after the first couple of back flips. arched hard and went bellydown. Did my upper and lower 360's very well. Barrelrolls OK, needs some work. Last jump of the day, bad spot landed out unassisted standup in the middle of a muddy field. I am 6 for 7 standup :))))