plummeteer

Jump Track & SQL "help"

I'm looking for some help in Jump Track 2.0. I've got jump numbers/info. matched up wrong due to some h&p's made following my static liners out, I wear a different helmet w/o the Pro Track so I always have this problem. I'd like to find out how to straighten out what I have, for now and future. I guess the simplest way for future would be to set up my ProTec for it and move it when needed. I don't know SQL, have tried one of the pre-written ones but it just made it worse because I don't really understand what it's going to do. I have it backed up, so I can just restore and start fresh (have twice now). Help would be greatly appreciated.
Edo
Concumbui
Aethrae Cernuare

I do know SQL... and all my attempts to tweak the jump-track data led me to quite a few hours of frustration trying to "fix" it afterwards.

My recomendations are to not try, unless you really know what you're doing.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I'm sure I could figure out and fix your problem for $50 / hour.

But if it's not worth a lot of money to you, I think you will have to just make it look good enough on some sort of paper map between real jumps and database jumps.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Seems like L&B could make it easier to fix ones f**k ups [:/]. I e-mailed them to see what they suggest, so I'll wait a while to see what they say. I can always start over entering them manually, it's only 63 jumps or so, much better than the 405 I lost in it last year due to poor back-up :S.
Edo
Concumbui
Aethrae Cernuare

What exactly is it you want to do? Shift some of the jump numbers up to increment for the hop and pops? The UPDATE MOVE JUMPNUMBERS statement that comes with JumpTrack is

UPDATE LOGBOOK

SET Jumpnumber = Jumpnumber + 1
WHERE Jumpnumber >= 100

This adds 1 to all jumps greater than or equal to 100. If you only wanted to increment that and the next jump it would be

UPDATE LOGBOOK

SET Jumpnumber = Jumpnumber + 1
WHERE Jumpnumber >= 100 AND Jumpnumber <= 101

I suggest that if you have several blocks of hop and pops, that you increment them a block at a time and look to see the new jumpnumbers for the next block that needs to be incremented.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

When I either forget my Protrack or when it doesn't log a jump due to too little freefall time, I just update the total number of jumps and/or freefall time in the menu.

I don't have my Protrack or the manual here, so I can't tell you exactly how it's done, but it can be done on the Protrack itself.

Edited to add: You would want to do the above before the next jump...

HTH, Ramon :)

UPDATE LOGBOOK SET Jumpnumber = Jumpnumber + 1 WHERE Jumpnumber >= 100 AND Jumpnumber <= 101

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suggest that if you have several blocks of hop and pops, that you increment them a block at a time and look to see the new jumpnumbers for the next block that needs to be incremented.

Thanks, I think is what I wasn't catching onto. I'm going to give a try.
Edo
Concumbui
Aethrae Cernuare

Seeing there seem to be so many SQL boff's on this thread, any of you looking for a job as a SQL programmer and test jumper?

Got tons of SQL work over here, and am currently evaluating whether or not to farm it out, or get a multi talented individual, SQL/IT/Test Jumper type person, to fill a more permanent role.

Any interested individuals, please email me personally at [email protected]

blue ones

Bushman