Philly215

Just curious- as far as gear goes, whats a must?

What gear is a must when pursuing your certification and freedom to go about your own? I've been looking at all types of gear, all it is to me are different words I don't understand as far as the parachutes themselves lol, I don't like asking the people at the store of the place I'm going to go to, so far everything I ever asked him has been the most expensive thing in the story/catalog.

What gear is a must when pursuing your certification and freedom to go about your own? I've been looking at all types of gear, all it is to me are different words I don't understand as far as the parachutes themselves lol, I don't like asking the people at the store of the place I'm going to go to, so far everything I ever asked him has been the most expensive thing in the story/catalog.

have you started your progression yet?
Step into my (sub)terminal Playground

well philly.... you might actually want to start skydiving first.... and parachuting equiptment... well expect it to be expensive.... if i were you i would at least wait until i got my 'a' license before you even start shopping around because you are going to learn about "downsizing" and you don't want to buy anything too big or something rated below your skills or abilities because you will find that it becomes boring quite quickly and you don't want to buy anything to small or rated above your skills or abilities because then it becomes dangerous.... i would say that your first purchase should be a pair of goggles... because wearing borrowed goggles just isn't that sanitary.... and i have found that talking to people around the dz and the gear store owner may be the easiest way to learn about gear!!!!!