Krmpy

Hello from sunny California

Hi All,

I just wanted to drop this note to say hello to everyone. :)
I just started my AFF training a few weeks ago and I am loving it and scared of it at the same time. (I am a commercial pilot and that first few seconds prior to the actual jump scares me off like you wouldn't believe). :o

Looking forward to contributing and meeting you all.

Blue Skies and Happy landings.

Hey...I've got to say, those minutes right before the jump are unnerving! I'm also on my AFFs. I've found that focusing on your surroundings and every little detail in the plane, rather than on your pending jump, helps to calm your nerves a bit. Next time you're in the plane, think about a song that pumps you up and reminds you of skydiving. I usually pick a song that I find on a skydiving video. Once that song is playing in your head, look around and pay attn to the minor details...smudges on the window, stickers on the airplane wall, the jumpsuits people are wearing, and so on. It helps keep you in the "here and now" on your way up. In fact, I used this trick on a job interview today, and it worked wonders!
I tried to get a grip on reality, but it moved.

I just started my AFF training a few weeks ago and I am loving it and scared of it at the same time. (I am a commercial pilot [....]

Hmm... they must not pay the maintenance guys very well where you work, if the pilots feel like they need to learn to skydive. :)

Welcome!

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

Welcome to dz.com:) So what commercial airline do you fly for? I absolutely love to fly. Take off is my fav when you hear those jets rev up and push you down the runway and lift off its one of the bes feelings in the world. I wish I could fly to work.

Playtime is essential.

Hey Captain!

It's nice to see someone come out of the cockpit...and go out the door!

Now you really know what flying the friendly skies are all about!

Congratulations and blue skies always!
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

Welcome to dz.com:) So what commercial airline do you fly for?

I am currently not flying for any major airlines (yet). I may go the corporate route and just fly those cool jets but time will tell. I've always been fascinated with flying and I believe skydiving is the next step for me in terms of getting out of my comfort zone. :o

Hello. Did you do a level one with Clay and Tim?

The DZ doesn't assign a specific JM to students so I am practically going thru my AFF with whomever is available. I have had Clay, Tim, Andy, Vic, Steve as my AFF JM's so far.

I am hoping to finish my AFF this weekend or the next - weather permitting. :o

Welcome to the sport and to Byron! Look for me (Bryan) at Byron on Sundays! There's a fair chance we've already met breifly, but either way, HELLO!
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.