JumpinJules

New Jumper here... anyone else from Wisconsin?

So, I just got back a week ago from Oahu where I did 4 tandem jumps... I'd done 3 jumps here in Wisconsin before that, and I'm sooo ready to be jumping by myself now! Can't wait until the middle of April when I start my AFF training! :)
Into the great wide open/ under them skies of blue/ out in the great wide open/ a rebel w/out a clue.....

Welcome! Where are you doing AFF? I jump out of Skydive Wissota in Chippewa Falls. We just do S/L and if you haven't already looked into it, you might. We can get you to your class A license (all 25 jumps including gear, instruction, teaching you how to pack...everything) for about $740. At Wissota you don't have to pay for coaching or other people's slots. We a small non-profit Cessna 182 dz and after you get your own rig, jumps from 10k are only $14. And our instructors are world class.

Have fun and after your done with AFF, make sure you come and jump with us! Also, one of your pilots is from LaCrosse. Maybe you could car pool with him every once in awhile.

Have fun and be safe!!!!

Welcome! Where are you doing AFF? I jump out of Skydive Wissota in Chippewa Falls. We just do S/L and if you haven't already looked into it, you might. We can get you to your class A license (all 25 jumps including gear, instruction, teaching you how to pack...everything) for about $740. At Wissota you don't have to pay for coaching or other people's slots. We a small non-profit Cessna 182 dz and after you get your own rig, jumps from 10k are only $14. And our instructors are world class.

Have fun and after your done with AFF, make sure you come and jump with us! Also, one of your pilots is from LaCrosse. Maybe you could car pool with him every once in awhile.

Have fun and be safe!!!!

Hey! Sorry I didn't see this earlier.... wow... $740? Really? I'm looking at a grand total of $1415.00 for the AFF training at Skydive Twin Cities.... I really wanted to do AFF because I've done 7 tandems already and I'm getting soo excited to freefall solo... as I told you already in my PM, I'm coming out w/a group May 19th and was hoping to jump by myself that Sat..... do you think that would still be an attainable goal if I opted for the static line course?
Into the great wide open/ under them skies of blue/ out in the great wide open/ a rebel w/out a clue.....

Absolutely that's possible. They might have to throw you out of the plane before the tandem goes up to full altitude but you'll be jumping by yourself! I did my S/L class 4/22/06 and was doing freefalls by 5/5/06.

Oh, and one thing I forgot in the PM, static line jumps count towards your class A. So 5 s/l and 20 freefalls (assuming you get all your canopy and ff requirements in) and you're licensed!

Hey how far are ya from Eau Claire?? Theres a small DZ there that I did my first and only tandem at and I was wondering how far away it was from CF...I'll be back in Wisco this Summer...moving back home when I get out of the military...man I'm gonna miss Perris...
Someday Never Comes

Hey,
I mainly jump at: Fort Atkinson, Skyknights (in East troy), Omro, and occasionally at Wisc. Rapids when i can get a balloon/ultra light up...which costs normally a case of beerB|

I actually did my first three tandems at Wolf River Skydiving in Shiocton WI in September... that's right by Omro if I'm correct? And Wisconsin Rapids?! I'm living in La Crosse right now, going to college, but my parent's house is in Plover.... (15 min) from Wisconsin Rapids... next time you're going to jump there you should let me know! ;o)

Hey how far are ya from Eau Claire?? Theres a small DZ there that I did my first and only tandem at and I was wondering how far away it was from CF...I'll be back in Wisco this Summer...moving back home when I get out of the military...man I'm gonna miss Perris...

Eau Claire is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours north of La Crosse depending on how much of a hurry you are in ;) and what/where is CF ?

By the start of summer I should have my A license, and will hopefully be jumping as much as possible... You should let me know once you get back to good ol' Wisconsin if you want to get some people together to jump! :)

CF=Chippawa Falls...I'll be up in Superior this summer...can't wait to get some jumps in over the greatest great lake. Should be saweet. I'll be in that neck of the woods this Summer. Until then I'll be jumpin' the Otters and Skyvan(maybe even...*gasp* the DC-9!!) at Perris as much as possible.

I take it you're from La Crosse??
Someday Never Comes

CF=Chippawa Falls...I'll be up in Superior this summer...can't wait to get some jumps in over the greatest great lake. Should be saweet. I'll be in that neck of the woods this Summer. Until then I'll be jumpin' the Otters and Skyvan(maybe even...*gasp* the DC-9!!) at Perris as much as possible.

I take it you're from La Crosse??

Ah yes, Wildfan has actually been helping me out a ton lately, cause I'm getting a group of mostly tandems to jump in May at Wissota... sounds like it'll be a great place to call home after certification :)
Superior, huh? Yikes, that's a change from Cali! I'm very new here... but I've heard that Perris is really big, and it sounds like there's always lots going on there.

I'm from Plover/St. Point, but I've been in La Crosse for the past 4 years going to school... it's an awesome area, and you can't beat living almost right on the Mississippi during the summer.... ahhh I can't wait until summer!!! [:/]

How about you? You said you're coming back home this summer to Superior?

Yeah its quite possible...His name was Bob I believe. Older guy, you could tell he'd done this once or twice!!! If so, I'll be back to do some jumps and I'd like to get him to sign my logbook. Its my first entry but its not signed...:|

I'll be coming from Superior
Someday Never Comes

Yeah, I'm pretty sure thats where I did my tandem. It was a very cool DZ, quite a nice view in FF and under canopy. Everybody there was super friendly too. I look forward to jumping there and seeing if I remember anybody's face.

Perris IS really big, and yeah theres Otter loads everyday(I did 4 jumps yesterday,and showed up around load 10 or so) but since I've only jumped there I'm used to the crazyness. I'd say the tradeoff for jumping at a bigger DZ is the initial shock of everything thats going on and the time it takes to get "in" and meet everyone. Once thats done its gravy. Plus you learn so much with all the world class jumpers there...not to mention the tunnel and SquareOne.

Soup town will be a welcome change from Cali...I'll be back in time for the amazing Summer Wisconsin weather B|
Someday Never Comes

This is true.... Wisconsin summers are usually great, but it's the winters that I'm wanting to get away from!

I did some tandems at Skydive Hawaii when my friend and I were there a couple weeks ago, and I couldn't get over how crazy the DZ was! We jumped out of a Caravan.... that was quite a change as well.... seeing as the first 3 tandems I did were at a very small DZ near Green Bay where the plane was only big enough to take the pilot, myself & my TM, and the videographer... that was a club too, so when I went to the Skydive Hawaii DZ, and was in the air with other jumpers it was crazy for me.

I have to be honest... I'm glad I'll be starting out at a smaller DZ :)

Ah...Bob Stumm. Yes, he's still around and he has done it once or twice before:D. The trick is come on a weekend when he's not off doing 200 ways in Z-Hills, or 400 ways in Thailand, or going to Eloy for spring break. He doesn't travel much during the summer though (wants to keep an eye on his planes), so he should be around for the most part.

If you don't make it down to Wissota, you could mail me your log book and I'll get it signed and get it mailed back to you. If you're log book is anything like mine though you won't want to do that. Maybe you could tear that page out and send it. But you should totally try to make it to Wissota!!!! Let me know if you do.

Hey what's up. I am from West Bend Wisconsin and just got back from San Diego where I completed my first tandem jump at Skyive San Diego. I plan on jumping again very soon either in East Troy or in Omro. This summer I plan to go for my AFF. Stay in touch!

I live in Middleton and I did 2 tandem jumps while I was in the Navy. I did my last one in September 2004 at Skydive Hawaii. It is probally the same place you went. Did you know they had there first tandem deaths there last year in January. They guy landed out in the water. Anyways, it was a pretty cool place. I am going to start my IAD course in the end of April at Seven Hills. It seems like a great, memeber owned place...later

Really?! No, I didn't know there had been a fatality there... yikes! That's weird too, cause I asked one of my TM's if anyone had ever landed in the water and he said no...... LIAR!!!

good luck with the course ... you must be going nuts! I start mine on the 14th and I can't even sit still I'm so excited!!

Hi all and welcome.....I live in Cottage Grove and jump out of Seven Hills regularly, or as regular as the weather allows. I finished my student status last fall and 6 jumps away from my B license.

Wifly and jules if you get to Seven Hills I will no doubt be there.....Say hello
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Hi all and welcome.....I live in Cottage Grove and jump out of Seven Hills regularly, or as regular as the weather allows. I finished my student status last fall and 6 jumps away from my B license.

Wifly and jules if you get to Seven Hills I will no doubt be there.....Say hello

you can count on it :)

Hey JumpinJules...
I sent you a PM...
We are having our opening weekend on Friday the 13th.
you should come out and hang with us and get to know everyone...
we have a super fun DZ and we get our turbine aircraft on April 24th:)Take care, hope to meet you soon
If God wanted man to stay on the ground.
He would of put roots on them instead of feet.
loving life
GO-N-UP