cattygirl11376

1 jump down and a million more to go

I did my tandem at skydive tampabay just outside of lakeland, florida. I tried to do another tandem saturday at z-hills in zepherhills, but the weather wasn't working with us. I did get to watch them do swoop contests. I was getting butterfly's just watching them doing that. They were coming in soo fast, yet still had soo much control over the shoot.

I'm sure I'll learn what I need to in the class but if there is anything I should know before then or pay special attention to? I like to know everything(typicel woman, right) about anything I do. I feel like I'm being obsessive almost. It's soo crazy, I haven't been able to look at the sky the same sence my jump.

After I get my certification I want to get into videography part of skydiving. I had a photography company for 3 years. I shut it down 4 years ago and I miss shooting terrably, so as I was doing my tandem I was paying more attention to the videographer was doing reather then what my instructor was doing. I just think that will be the best way to combine my 2 passions.

Thank you in advance for any information you might be able to help me out with, have a great day and I hope to talk tou everyone soon, Cat

Welcome to the forum. You feel like i did/do after my first jump. Im going to tell ye what everyone else will say. Listen to your instructors...they will make sure you know what you need to know to jump and fall safely. Its not wise taking advice from anoyone..especailly being a new diver. Thats what i am told anyway. Somethign may work for someone..but not you. Im just going to do the AFF and listen and do what they tell me to.

Anyways..welcome to the forum! IF you're ever in north florida and you want to jump let me know! B|

Blue Skies

Jason
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

Welcome to the forums, Cat! I just finished AFF a few weeks ago, so it's still fresh in my brain. Pay attention to everything! Make an effort to learn not just what to do, but why. Listen closely to your instructors. Talk to them, ask questions. You'll see that advice a lot here. Hang around the DZ after the jumps are done. You'll make some new friends, and learn a lot there too. Don't worry about being obsessive...it's part of the fun! And it's impossible to stop...

Chris
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.

Welcome to the forums! Skydiving Videography and photography is one of the most fulfilling things that i've ever gotten into. Bear in mind that it's not eay to get to the stage where you're ready to do it but goals are very important in this sport :)
Check out the photography and video forum for more info

Take care
PJ

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

It was nice meeting you and your friend Cat. You need to be sure and come back!

One thing about Florida, the weather will change for the better if you wait.

Look forward to jumping with you when you get that "A"!!!!

As you learn to relax the easier it will come to you. Definitely get ur butt in the tunnel if you can. Will improve your skills dramitically. I affectionately refer to ours as the "world's biggest crack pipe" but a few hours in there has made me a better body pilot.

.........and don't forget to breathe:ph34r:

Noooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!! M.P.F.C.