nikejumper

Is it Sat. yet?

I have been wanting to learn to skydive for a while now, and since the military sent me to Biloxi Miss. for some training and not being a gambler there is not a lot to do on the weekend... so I decided it was time, I woke up Sat. morning drove to the local DZ and took the AFF course. I got rained out of my jump on Sat. but I drove back Sunday morning and made my level 1 and 2 jumps. It was awesome! Something I will never forget only bad thing is that I have to wait all week to jump again. I hope to get 2 sat and 2 sunday. and if everything goes well finish AFF the following weekend. Man I'm hooked all I can think about it jumping. Anyone in the Charleston SC area? Im getting back there in 3 weeks and it would be nice to find some people to jump with.

waiting till the weekend
Jeff
Is it saturday yet?

I was wondering if anyone after there first jumps had a sore inner groin? or if it normal? my first opening was really violent... well compaired to my second it was. Its not a huge deal just wondering if its normal for a little soreness.

Its tuesday now a few more days till sat. I got the bug bad, jumping is all I think about now

Jeff
Is it saturday yet?

Jeff,

It's nice to know that I am not alone. After my first tandem jump on a Sunday, all I talked and thought about was skydiving. My husband couldn't understand, so he finally went with the following weekend. Needless, to say I have 6 tandem jumps and my husband has 4 and we start the course on September 14th.

I ask myself all week long....is it Saturday yet? I have to at least get one more tandem in, because I just can't wait until September 14th.

Good luck to you and enjoy!

Nikky
No Worries, You're Good!

Yes, bruises are normal (at least for me) while going thru AFF. I actually graduated on Sunday and have to wait until Sat as well to make my solo jump. :S But back to the bruises. I'm covered in bruises both from the gear and from landings. The student gear is usually a one size fits all and not comfortable. But at least it will get you thru AFF and keep you safe until you can order your own gear. Good luck have fun and stay safe.

Jeff, I am always reminded of that bullriding song Chris LaDeaux sings..." Got a jingle in my jeans, sore places in between..." Parachutes can do it to you the same way(except the jingle part, all skydiving does for me is REMOVE all the jingle:D )and I would suggest having your instructor check your rig closely after you put it on. Openings should not hurt, it is indicative of a slight problem(head down body position on opening, trashy pack job, etc) or improperly fitted harness, just make sure your harness is fitting snug and is comfortable. BSSL, Bill

Just burning a hole in the sky.....

well this weekend I got 4 more jumps in so only 1 more till I finish AFF! my last 2 jumps went awesome, watching someone else fly next to you is awesome. I tightened my leg straps and no pain at all. Can't wait to make my last AFF jump, but I'll be honest, I'm a little nervous about making my first solo jump. what type of things should I do on my first solo?

Can anyone tell me the A lisence requirements? Thanks

Is it Saturday yet??

Jeff
Is it saturday yet?

Son't be nervous for your solo...it's AMAZING. You finally realize that you are in the air for a looooooonnnnggg time. Haha. Do whatever you want, you got no instructors up there grading ya! Oh yea, and enjoy the view.

'A' license reqs. should be on a yellow card in the back of your SIM I believe...

Cheers!:)