angrypeppers

Yahoo! First jump!

Howdy! I just did my first jump this morning...took about 90 mins for the adrenalin to work it's way through my body, but I'm afraid the stupid grin on my face is permanent! Went out of Mile Hi in Longmont, CO. The instructor was great (Chris), and all went well. I wasn't really nervous until we scooted back to the door and I could see all that air between me and the ground! But once out of the plane (the Twin Otter), and I started breathing again, I calmed down and enjoyed the ride. Very surreal experience for me...almost peaceful. You know you're going quickly downwards, but I had supreme confidence in the instructor and equipment, so I was able to relax a bit, and had a blast. We're already planning for another jump before the cold sets in. Wish now that I had bought the video!

Chris
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.

Congrats on your first jump! Cool, isn't it?

Yea, the video is cool...but there's always next jump!

I'll probably will be back there in two weeks or so. Chris told me about the tunnel, I'm going to stop by this week...it's only a five minute ride from my house and/or work.

I couldn't be happier that I jumped with Chris. He was so calm and confident. He's the biggest reason I didn't get more nervous. I just trusted him from the start.

Chris

It really is amazing isn't it. I'm sure you thought and thought about the jump for a number of day before you actually jumped. Nothing can compare and likely it wasn't anything (fear wise) like you thought it would be. It truely is a unique experience.
Damn, this is fun!

I had originally been scheduled to go about four years ago, but when we got to the airport, the King Air was down for engine work, and they didn't have a videographer available, so we cxld the jump. I've been thinking about it ever since. Now I can't wait to go again. I figure that I'll jump again in a few weeks, then the cold will set in...which give's me time to save some $$$. Probably hit the tunnel a bunch of times this fall / winter / spring.

I really thought I'd be more nervous, but it really didn't happen. A little bit in the doorway just before we jumped, but that's about it. About two seconds after we jumped, I calmed down a lot, started breathing again, and just enjoyed the ride down!

Chris

Yea, this wind tunnel is pricey! Or you could save $$$ for AFF! Ooooo....do both!

I like getting nervous. It makes stuff much more fun! And the initial jumping out the door is always a highlight of my jumps.:)

It is pricey, but it seems like there's enough of us here in CO that love it that we should be able to split a larger chunk of time for max discount. I've definately used up this week's allowance for it (15 mins Sat and paying for another tandem this weekend), but I'm usually able to be talked into splitting some time with people. Just PM me anytime!

Oh yea, definitly!

I have to hold off for a few weeks till I hit the tunnel again. Have to pay those credit card bills my my rigs! Haha.

And heck, even if you book half hour of time (students @ mile high get about 10.40 a min) and do 3-ways or something, that comes out to like 3.50 per minute a person....not a half bad deal....

Thanks for the good wishes everyone! Thought I'd give a real intro now...

My name is Chris, and I live in Centennial, Colorado. Been out here since 1997. I test military and airline flight planning systems for a little company called Jeppesen. Before that, I spent ten years working for two different airlines, starting out as a part time a/c fueler, and ending up as a Dispatch Duty Manager. Got tired of the biz and moved to Denver to work at Jeppesen.

I was born and raised in SE Pennsylvania. Started flying planes back in 1984, got my PP license in 1987. Graduated from Daniel Webster College in Nashua, NH in 1990, with an Aviation Mgt. degree. Flying has been on hold for a long time now, though I did start glider lessons a few years ago.

I've had skydiving on my Life List of things to do for a long time now. Now that I've jumped once, I'm afraid I'm hooked! I think I waited so long since I (not so) secretly knew that I'd want to take it up as a sport. As much as I love flying planes, and riding my motorcycle, and my other toys, nothing I've ever done has compared to the jump on Saturday. It's tough for me to put in words, but the nervousness, excitement, fun, and even that little bit of fear I buried deep down all met up in that one jump. I wish I could bottle that feeling and take a nip when things get dull, or I'm a little bit bummed.

Anyway, folks in my current circle are probably sick of me talking about the jump, but even two days later, I'm totally geeked about it. Didn't accomplish much at work today, too busy reading the forum! And the gear reports. And looking at skydiving pictures. And staring out my window thinking about the jump. And trying to figure out which toys I can sell to finance my license and gear. I'll keep the bike, of course!

Now that I've bored all of you to tears, I'll just say Hi, and I hope to meet you soon. Stay safe...

Chris

Haha, addicting, isn't it?? Yea, my work has slightly decreased in productivity since I started skydiving...hmmm, don't think my boss has noticed yet, lol. Yea, I know all my friends are sick of me talking about it. And the best part is, every jump it keeps getting better and better! (especially once you are off AFF, lol)

Jeppesen?? Cool! I have a friend that applied there...not sure if he got the job or not, lol, haven't talked to him for a while.

Cheers!