Amy-P

first jump tomorow new to forum

As scoop said sound like a crowd of yahoo's:o. Best off it is Amy they where probably as scared as you thats why the where behaving like macho bullshit artists:S. Yes try the tandem if you like that perhaps go back to staticline and try again hopefully you find yourself in with a more grown up bunch. Funny thing is this sport is not as much about strength as about skill so don't beat yourself up over it. Mention it to your instructors and perhaps they will arrange it so you can go with a better mixture in a group of guy and girls but keep trying :)you can do it

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Keep in mind that these words are coming from a guy with only six jumps...

My first jump was static line. I went with a couple of friends, and one of them was being an obnoxious macho idiot, so I can relate there. 'Course, we were all guys, so it's not exactly the same kind of dynamic.

I was the last one out of the plane on that load. The instructor told me to put my feet out, so I did, and both legs blew sideways! Maybe I should've expected it, but I was very surprised and more than a little bit rattled that just putting my feet on the step was more difficult than I had expected.

Hanging on the strut was actually easier than I had anticipated. Instructor said "GO!", so I did, and honestly forgot all about counting. Guess what: the canopy opened perfectly even without any counting.:)
Canopy flight was great. Can't begin to describe how much I loved it. I kinda screwed up the landing, but nothing important got damaged.:)

You say you're worried about line twists; so was I. When line twists happened to me later in AFF, I actually laughed a little bit at how simple it was to fix. Your natural reaction will be to reach up and pull the risers apart; you won't even have to think about it. On a big, docile student canopy, line twists are easy to kick out of.:)
I guess my point is this: you've been educating yourself and paying attention to the instructor, so you know how to respond the way you're supposed to. And even if you don't get the exit count exactly right, or get line twists, or any of the other minor things that can happen, you'll still land ok because you've paid attention and made sure you know what you're doing. Don't give up, please! The tandem sounds like a good idea. Just hanging around the DZ is a good idea. Finding a different group to jump with is an excellent idea.

You can do this.:)

Matt

I love every one on here you guys are so dope.My friends put me down for it but you all give me so much confidence that im never backing out of this sport.Every one has issues but we just learn more and practice.Im going to be a skydiver if it kills me its the only goal i have besides joining the canadian reserves and im going to go full force.Just wait and see all be packen ur parachutes in a few years lol. This is all I can think of dream of and talk about im hooked before my first jump.I cant wait
-------------------------------------------------------
The Wolf howled from under the leaves while spiting fine feathers from his feast of fowl like him I devour myself*Jim Morrison*

don't feel bad.....you will eventually look back at this experience and laugh.....eventually. Keep haning in and try again this weekend.;)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!