MF42

just another freakin' newbie

Hello!
Been lurking for a little while, seems like a good place. Jumped once thirteen years ago, loved it but realized I didn't have the cash flow this sport requires. Now I've got the cash flow, but it's winter! In Wisconsin!
Oh well, just haveta wait a few months for the DZs to thaw.

What's a reputable DZ for another freakin newbie anywhere inbetween Chicago and Milwaukee, or thereabouts?

Matt

Hey! :)I too was a bit of a lurker before saying hello on this forum!
Weather in the UK is horrible to at the moment for skydiving and im saving now to do my aff course, cant wait till the sun starts shining again! B|
are you going to do aff or static line?

Kate ;)

MF 42, fellow wisconsinite. I am also a northern jumper (Eau Claire). It is true all DZs in the north shut down their student programs for the winter, Sorry about that. We all start again when daylight savings begins again. Go to USPA.org to find a DZ in your area. To be a member of the USPA, you must fallow a given rule book the rules make us safe and consistent. I hope you can start and get back into it full tilt, it is the greatest thing. skydiving rules and in 13 yrs ( I have been full time for 14) things have gotten so good for the newbie. Come up and visit us at Skydive Wissota (skydive wissota.org), We are one of the few DZs who remain open full time for winter jumping. We would love to talk to you in person. I would talk your ear off between loads. Maybe we will see ya this summer maybe even this winter. Good luck have fun.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

L.O. Say hello to the Wissota Shockers for me...
(the old fart that jumped with them in Dublin last year...looking forward to having them back this year)

MF42...you guys must be nuts to jump in the winter up there...:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You happen to be talking to the newest shocker. I took over the tail slot as a player coach. We hope to rip up the NSL this year. I will let the know you said high. I am here a lot, and I am sure they will respond in some way. I'll be back tomorrow and let ya know what they said.
AFB, charter member.

I talked to the Shockers this weekend and they remember you with a lot of affection and good stuff. They all say hi, and plan to make Dublin 06. I don't know if I can make it, just started a new jump.
AFB, charter member.

WoooooHooooo!

They were tons of fun. Maybe they'll let me jump with them again...everybody was highly impressed that they came down last year.

I remember two names in particular, I think...Dan and Monique.

Job?
Where are your priorities, man?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You have a good memory. I can't remember your name unless your hot, or I jump with you at least 100 times. The team has seen some changes since last Dublin. Dan fell in love. And you know what that means, he's done. The team this year is Mo (Momique) inside center, Eric-point, sean-outside center, and me-tail. They plan to find you in Dublin for sure. You can count on it.
AFB, charter member.

Hello!
Been lurking for a little while, seems like a good place. Jumped once thirteen years ago, loved it but realized I didn't have the cash flow this sport requires. Now I've got the cash flow, but it's winter! In Wisconsin!
Oh well, just haveta wait a few months for the DZs to thaw.

What's a reputable DZ for another freakin newbie anywhere inbetween Chicago and Milwaukee, or thereabouts?

Yeah I try not to think about the cash flow, gets in the way:ph34r: guess I'll worry about that later!

Thanks for the invite. I have jumped in Eloy many times before and I know what the weather is like. But I am at home with the family for the winter. All my vacation is already used on upcoming events. So unfortunately I can't come to Eloy right now. If you make it up to WI this weekend I could introduce you to - 50 degrees wind chill on the ground. Everyone knows what it's like to be warm but not many no what its like to be cold. Thanks again for the invite.
AFB, charter member.