erasmus

Mysterious Skydiving Illness

I feel the same way...scared to death but wouldn't give it up for anything....no matter how many people tell me i'm crazy. Sometimes when I'm driving in my car behind a truck and smell the exhaust fumes, it reminds me of the smell of the plane and I get the urge to jump out the car window!!! I'm definatly hooked!

It gets worse when you do your first solo jumps, I did my first 4 solo jumps last weekend and I can't stop thinking about it. I’ve even dreamt about skydiving two days in a row, weird dreams but always something to do with skydiving. Now when I earn money I start calculating how many jumps I can do with it and I'm cutting down other expenses.

Maybe it’s a good thing the DZ is only open on weekends ;)

What a relief it is to read this thread. I honestly thought I was crazy! After one jump I can think of nothing else. I too get excited when I hear the planes fly by. I find myself taking the long way into town just to go past the DZ. I dream about skydiving, and I constantly talk about it. Hubby sure has been a trooper about it though. Now if I could just get him to jump.

After one jump I can think of nothing else.

Me too! I've only had one jump, but it's on my mind 24-7, and i'm counting down the days until i do my aff level2. If only it wasn't so damn expensive, i'd be out there every weekend!

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."