daveom

FreeZR / Havok weight?

Just got my FreeZR. Have not even jumped it yet.
I dont have a scale that can measure something
this light.

If I were to guess I'd say about 2 lbs.

I judged this by holding a 2 1/2 lb weight in one hand and the helmet in the other. The weight seemed heavier but not by too much.

I had a Havok for a bit and I believe it was lighter than the FreeZR

This is all guesses on my part and not based on any documented facts.
__

My mighty steed

Thanks Scott, I didn't notice that on the Bonehead website.

So,the Havok = 32oz = 907grams. The FreeZR is perhaps slightly heavier, say 1000grams.

The reason I ask is that motorcycle helmets are now down to 1200-1300grams. The lightest motorcycle helmet is the world seems to be from BMW and weighs 999grams. It also costs around $1000!!

http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/specials/sportintegral_helmet/sportintegral_carbon.html

However there are MANY other helmets on the market weighing around 1250grams, all of which are fully Snell etc. rated. Many are available with flip-up fronts. Most cost around $300-400.

Now I know they are bulkier, but the FreeZR is pretty bulky compared to a Z1, and most everyone seems to like it. I also realise that the visor typically has a smaller field of view (the FreeZR looks to have a *huge* field of view). But its not a great leap of the imagination to see a decent skydiving helmet which is actually rated.

Dave