Crzy_Canuck

New Jumpers GB Ontario

Good Afternoon to all the new and experienced jumpers. I am kinda new to the sport, I started to jump about 4 years ago in Arthur Ontario with the military static line first jump course. After witnessing an accident (reserve opened in the plane and the student was pulled out) I gave up. The next year I went to Grand Bend Sport Parachute Club and met Bob and Mary who took me up to start my AFF/PFF course and I backed out at altitude because of my previous experience. But, I am determined and got my "courage" the next summer and did it. Well slowly making progress but last weekend I did my final AFF jump and now I am working towards my Solo. Nerves are still there but knowing how great the people at my DZ are I will make it and hope to be jumping with you guys soon. So hello and hope to meet you in a plane one day.
Blue SkiesB|

Welcome to the forums mate, i can only imagine how that first experience must have freaked you out but it's great that you're back now!
Learn from what you've seen, check your gear on the ground and in the plane, keep your head under pressure and you'll be ok.
Take it easy

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

started to jump about 4 years ago in Arthur Ontario with the military static line first jump course.

Jumping rounds eh?

Welcome back! I only visited GB once, and didnt jump that day since the winds were high, but even back then (7 or 8 years agao) it looked like a nice DZ

Welcome back!
Remster

Jumping rounds hurt, nothing like hitting the ground at 20km, but now when i stumble a bit under a ram air, it feels like a breeze to gently touch the gound. Also i am glad that i got to jump the military now, i have "one up" on some of the jumpers who i am jumping with , even though they have 1000 jumps or more , cheers.
Blue Skies