stocktires

What to expect?

I've never jumped...
I'm your average adrenalin junkie, motocrosser, paintballer, etc. etc.
The idea poped into my head today and I've been insanely anxious. I've decided to a dive during spring break. What all should I expect the first time diving? Anything I should know?

If you are planning to do a tandem (and all goes well):

Some paperwork, followed by a video, some boredom, a few moments of sheer terror, 60 seconds of really loud wind, a sharp jerk as the canopy deploys, a pleasant ride under canopy, and finally a smooth landing. ;)

http://www.skydivingmovies.com has tons of videos of all the good, bad, and ugly of our sport. :)
http://www.uspa.org has even more info.
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

Sounds like you want to go AFF....about 8 hrs ground training and a jump with 2 AFF Instructors holding on to you and let you pull your own 'chute and land it.....

While I would recommend a tandem first just to see what it's all about, jumping right into AFF is certainly OK.

Whatever you do, just do what the instructor(s) tell you and you will be fine, just as skymama said....

Godspeed, stocktires.....

And what's up with "stocktires"? NOBODY races stock tires! :S;)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Do the tandem first. You will get a better idea of what it is all about. You get to feel the same feelings you would on AFF but it costs less and does not take as long. I used to hate to watch people go out the door. Now I love to see them fall away............................

Your landing will most likely be very soft on the tandem My first AFF landings were not very graceful and some hurt (Butt landing).

Now after 32 jumps my landings are standup's and close to target.

Oh, GET THE VIDEO!!

Salsa

"You did what?!?!"

MUFF #3722, TDSM #72, Orfun #26, Nachos Rodriguez