JeepDiver

My 1st jump with pictures at SkyDiveMiami.

Hello Everyone,

I decided to go ahead and make my first jump after thinking about it for years. I jumped Tandem at SkyDiveMiami. Everyone I met there was great!!

I've been reading alot and it was much easier than I though. Is that normal, to not be freaked out about it?

I only focused on the positive aspects of the jump and would not allow anything negative to interfere.

I've scheduled another date to jump and am looking forward to future learning experiences. I have to say I am now hooked. I haven't been able to stop smiling now for 2 days. :ph34r:

I jumped with Glenn as my instructor and it was great!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/red_iron/jumpday10170406.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/red_iron/jumpday10170401.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/red_iron/jumpday10170405.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/red_iron/jumpday10170402.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/red_iron/jumpday10170408.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/red_iron/jumpday10170403.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/red_iron/jumpday10170404.jpg

Are you doing another tandem or AFF? At some dz's you can incorporate tandems into your student progression.

I will be doing that, I already have one more tandem credit which I bought then and there after my first jump ;) so I'll use that jump and then get into AFF for my third jump. I now have several dozen technical questions I'd like answered and understood.

Before my third jump I will have 6 hours of classroom instruction. My major concern at this point mostly is stability alone in the air, then of course canopy flight into the dz.

This site has been great for gaining an insight into what I did Sunday. I've been reading a lot for the past month prior to my 1st jump. I met some great people and I'm looking forward to meeting more, everyone seemed so busy for the short while I was able to spend at the dz.

I was concerned about flying the landing pattern properly for my first AFF jump as well but the instructor for my second tandem (tandemphil) explained it very clearly while we were under canopy. It is easier than it seems.

As for stability for your first AFF jump, there will be two AFF instructors holding on to you. Just pay attention to their hand signals, remain calm, take your time and execute the required elements. And don't forget to pull. ;)
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

As for stability for your first AFF jump, there will be two AFF instructors holding on to you.

Actually, he may only have 1 instructor on him since he's doing IAF. I may be mistaken, but that's how it was for me a few years back when I did the program.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hey jeepdiver that smile that you cant seem to stop
you won't be able to its perminant the same as the thought that you did something that not a very many people can get the courage to even think about congradulations HAPPY JUMPING.

GOOD LUCK
bigfall
STEP OUT AND FEEL THE RUSH!!!! LATER
SKYBOMB

I can only speak for Deland Drop Zone and the AFF there.

Tandem does not count towards AFF and you still have to go through the whole course.

Levels 1-3 you have 2 instructors holding you and 4 you have 1 and 5 6 7 you solo with no one holding you but they dive with you.

You will have a radio on your chest and they will talk you down and help you with your turns and landing. However you are responsible for your own saftey.

Before you dive you will go through the dive flow and practice it on the land. They will show you the dropzone map and tell you your landing course and then its up to you.

Don't fret about it you will do well and happy diving

Catherine:D

The only way is down.

Just so you all don't get confused between AFF and IAF, I thought I would post a little more about IAF. From the Safety page on the site, I found this paragraph describing IAF. Not all dropzones offer it but it really is a nice alternative and is the way that I started:

It should be noted that, in the United States, tandem jumping is conducted in two very-different modes: as a "ride" by manufacturer-rated Tandem Masters, and as bona fide skydiving instruction by USPA Tandem Instructors who also hold the manufacturers’ ratings. Only USPA-rated Tandem Instructors can teach tandem as a part of hybrid skydiving instruction. In most of these hybrid courses, a student makes three or four tandems and then finishes training starting with a level four AFF jump. The utility of this hybrid method is that there is never more than one instructor involved in any one skydive, thus freeing up staff to more quickly train the student load. Jumps made with a USPA-rated Tandem Instructor count towards student proficiency, those made with a non-USPA rated Tandem master do not.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I just got back. I completed my IAF level 2 jump this afternoon and passed so level 3 is next. I executed the maneuvers as required. 90 degree right turn, 90 degree left turn, and maintain a constant heading. I remained altitude aware though-out. It seemed very easy to make the turns as required. I didn't understand having not done it before but I really enjoyed this jump. There were more tasks to complete in the giving amount of time of a free-fall so there was less "enjoyment" than being just along for the ride but I've improved my skills so I'm very happy of that.

At 5,550 feet I "pulled" and that's when I learned to fly the canopy. There was a slight crosswind into the LZ but I also learned how to compensate for that. Once I reached 1,000 feet under canopy it's now a matter to making the final approach to the target.

It was awesome being able to control the canopy and learning how to do so. My landing was perfect, it was like taking a single step and touching the ground. Now if only my right ear would depressurize.

Congrats on 1st jump, and that smile won't go away. It will just get bigger and bigger the more you jump. wait till someone catches you with that big smile and a far away look in your eyes, if they only knew what you were thinking aboutB|

--------------------------------------------------

welcome jeepdiver!!answer to ur ? YUPP YUPP and YAHOOOOOOOO,,can u pack that ne faster,grinn.as u progress it gets better and better,,and since u will have many "preseconds" don't forget the BEERB|..enjoy every moment..

liv 2 luv
luv 2 liv
lucky summoo1

there must have ben an echo:P,,lol,,i'm just learning my around the forums
If there are no trials in life,how will u know what is really imprtortant
liv2luv
luv2liv,,,SUMMOOO 1

lucky