Superman32

Totally new

Hey guys,
I just did my first tandem 2 weeks ago and the only thing I can think of is the next jump.
I was however, under the impression that you had to do 3 tandems before signing up for AFF. Is this based on specific dropzones or is it the norm?
I just can't wait to jump by myself.
B|
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

Welcome to the fray!B|

The number of tandems "required" depends on the DZ and the DZ's training program. They may list 3 tandems being that your first tandem is a "fun" tandem, then 2 working tandems followed by being brought into the AFF program on a Cat C (3rd jump). If I was you, I'd call and ask them about it. If you're dead set on jumping straight into AFF, then they may offer that option, just ask.:)
Eitherway, the tandems will most likely help you, though.

Anyways, welcome to skydiving and welcome to DZ.com.

You might want to take a chacne to fill out your profile so folks know who they're talking to.;):)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've never jumped and I'm doing my first jump tomorrow AFF. I was suppossed to do it last Sunday, but they were only able to get one instructor. What I'm saying is, it depends on the DZ. Have fun!

Both of you have fun :P

Welcome to the forums
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Here in the UK there's no requirement to do any tandem descents before AFF Lvl I.

Anyhow, I know exactly how you feel, I was exactly the same after every one of the 19 jumps it took for me to get Cat 8 and my A licence.