BoondockSaint

22 jumps in my 1st 4 weeks - 1 malfunction

Well I was waiting for 3 years for someone to go with but all my friends were either too scared or too poor so I just got sick of waiting and went. This was 4 weeks ago and since then I have made 22 jumps and should have my A license this weekend. I have all my own gear now too except a helmet & goggles. I just love skydiving and am even going to the WFFC in a week. Luckily I only live 3 hours.

I really can't wait to BASE jump. That is really a big reason why I started skydiving. Hopefully I'll be taking the BASE jumping class with Johnny Utah next spring. Well just wanted to say what up. If you want to read about my 1st malfunction read my other post about loose toggle in freefall lol it was quite a rush. Wasn't really sure what to do. http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1179288;search_string=loose%20toggle;#1179288

Hey fuck-ass! Nice name. :P If you do a search you'll see that there are a lot of Boondock Saints fanatics on the board.

Sucks about your mal, but welcome to the sport!B|

You know, it took me 9 months to get 20 jumps...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Amen to that brother. Boondock Saints rules. Glad to here there are other fans on here. I kind figured there would be but was surprised as hell that no one had taken my name yet. Seems to be taken at about everywhere else but I got it in a few places.

I just bought my first 25 jumps in a package deal is why I got up so fast. Sucks because I thought you actually needed 25 coach jumps and I find out after about 16 or something was approved for complete solos. Could have saved some money but I am pretty sure they will let me trade em for the like 4 experienced jumps a piece. It was like 1360.

1st jump $165
next 11 like $50 a piece
next 13 $65
minus $200 for paying up front.

Experienced jumps for 10000 are 15 bucks there so I hope they dont try to screw me. Its the cheapest place within a few hours of me so I didnt have much choice. They are pretty cool so I think they will be fine with me exchanging them.

Well I got my A license on Saturday. Now I have 27 jumps. Only got to jump twice on saturday because of weather but now I can pack completely on my own which is good. I thought it would take me a lot longer than it did but one person showed me an easy way and Ive packed it 3 times now and havent died yet lol.

Started flying with weights too. I seem to fall at about 105 without em and with 8 lbs picks it up to a little over 120.