soarfree

Finished AFP jumps!! Thanks SDC staff!

Hi all,

I did it! I headed to Skydive Chicago last Thursday, took the AFP class and started jumping. I made 2 jumps on Thursday, 6 on Friday, 5 on Saturday, and 4 on Sunday to complete all 17 levels of the AFP coached jumps!

After PLF'ing every landing from 1-13 (probably could've stood up 4 or 5 of them but was too anxious to not roll on the ground) I stood up on 14-17. Everyone at the DZ who had been watching me roll for 3 days could hear me screaming and jumping in the field on #14. (well okay, I think I was jumping and screaming for #15 as well) :)
Just need to pack and jump my own chute and then it's on to my graduation dive! Woo hoo! Any suggestions for a jump with 3 people (myself and 2 experienced jumpers) to have a fantastic graduation jump?

THANK YOU to all the staff and skydivers at the DZ. I was amazed at the kindness and encouragement I was given. Every single person I met was willing to answer a question, listen to me talk about my jumps, or just hang out.

THANK YOU
Manifest for getting me on back to back loads
Packers for having the chute ready for those loads Everyone who cheered my first hop & pop
Whoever helped me get my chute back to the hanger
Whoever picked me up in the golf cart
AFP students (congrats Tino & Ferris on graduation)
Tish for the AFP class and encouragement
Rook & Dave for jumps 1 & 4
DZ.com'ers who said hello this weekend

And everyone at the DZ (even though your names are a blur) because I cannot stress enough how incredibly awesome it was to be there and how amazingly welcome you made me feel.

A special thank you to Nanette for being my instructor for 15 of those 17 jumps. YOU ROCK!

Looking forward to my first solo jump! :)
And of course, looking forward to jumping with my new friends ;)

Blue Skies,

Amy

Well behaved women rarely make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

A HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU, AJ!!! :)

So now you get to move on to the good stuff! :)

I hope to see you again really soon at SDC!

Beth B|
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

Right! Definitely NOT in the corn! ;) Did you ever end up there?

I'm going back on Saturday, U gonna be there??
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

Ok, so I have to give you your weekend jump numbers --

0?? : 19 : Many!!

You had a lot of firsts -- lets see -- first jump, first stand-up landing, first off landing??, first sitfly, probably more! :)

Ok, and for me, mine is only

1 : 1 : 2

Oh well, better than nuthin! :)(Hey, I jumped AND got laid so I feel pretty good.)

(Yes, I'm counting Thursday as the weekend. ;))
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

AJ....Jeremy here! I met you this weekend when I stopped in the AFP room to say hello. Congrat's again....you did in 4 days what most people don't do in 80 years. Also I do have a good idea for your grad jump......INVITE ME ON IT!!!!!(that's my good idea). It's YOUR jump so don't feel bad if I'm not invited....but I think we'd have fun....and I could show you a thing or 2! Look forward to seeing you again soon and jumping with you....anytime! Congat's again and remember.....when in doubt....ASK....THERE ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS, ONLY STUPID PEOPLE!!!! PEACE!