botmans

New student from The Netherlands with a question

Hello, thought I'd introduce myself here for my first post on the forums. I'm a 27 y/o guy from The Netherlands and I started an AFF course 3 weeks ago in France. Here are some links to the DZ:

http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/Detailed/662.html
http://www.parachutisme.com

Did my first 7 jumps there and already addicted! I'm going back in 4 weeks to do my last jumps to get my license so I can start jumping in Teuge - The Netherlands, great DZ from what I've read. It's also only 5km from where I live and I do my flying there as well (got my PPL).

http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/Detailed/152.html
http://www.para-teuge.nl

It was a bit strange doing the course in France, since there aren't many people that can speak English (or Dutch AND I don't speak French) so I was lucky there was guy from Paris that did the AFF course at the same time and could translate for me. Anyway, I think I understood most of the theoretical part (reading up on it here anyway, :P )

Just hoping for good weather in France next month... Could only do 7 jumps because of the weather last time.

After 3 weeks since my last jump, finally my broozes are gone between my upper legs (is that NORMAL? :S) May'be it has something to do with the fact that I weigh 98 kilo's. I jumped with a Drakkar canopy with a Campus II. But it can't be normal to barely be able to walk after 2 jumps on 1 day? :ph34r:

Cool !!!
Welcome to the forums and good luck!

But, is there possible in France to get the license after 8 jumps?
I need (and I thought that it is a common rule) to made of 20 jumps total include the progressive AFF - 8 programm (several jumps with RW - instructor)
But may be I am wrong?

Any case Good luck on your both xtreme ideas
(I was planning to buy a sportbike too, but $$$-jumps & equipment = :()
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?

At first I thought I'd get my license after 10 jumps (2 solo) but then I heard I'd get my license after 15 total, so 8 for AFF and then 7 solo jumps.

But as I said, I don't speak the language, :P

May'be someone here that knows more about it?

Gaaf Man

Nou veel succes met de rest van je sprongen en
misschien zie ik je ook nog een keer op Zeeland
of Texel.

Ben nog nooit op vliegveld Zeeland geweest, misschien ga ik volgende week even kijken met het vliegtuig vanaf Teuge, is een vd weinige velden waar ik nog niet geweest ben...
En als ik m'n A heb ga ik zeker op Texel springen, lijkt me geweldig boven de eilanden, :))
Dus misschien tot dan!

Ik sprongen in paracentrum ameland in april en DZ is goed, groot, (en de grond is zacht voor PLFs). :P

Ik reis naar texel volgend jaar.

Mar mischien is dat een grote afstand om van teuge te reizen. Leeuwarden is een ardige Stad ook te bezoeken.
Good Geluk voor u!

(mijn nederlands is niet goed, mar Ik leer)B|

Just did my first solo jump, whoohoo!! AND first standup landing as well, lol
Does anyone know if I need a license to jump at another DZ? Or is being solo enough? (My French still sucks, :S)

I flew to Texel 2 weeks ago, very windy there, could barely land the plane (100% crosswind) but didn't see any PLF's, ;) Anyway, really looking forward to jumping in Texel (above/on whatever, ;))

After 3 weeks since my last jump, finally my broozes are gone between my upper legs (is that NORMAL? :S) May'be it has something to do with the fact that I weigh 98 kilo's. I jumped with a Drakkar canopy with a Campus II. But it can't be normal to barely be able to walk after 2 jumps on 1 day? :ph34r:

Talk about that with your instructors. I had the same problems and learned about how to ajust the leg straps and I am learning about lowering the freefall speed before deployment at the moment.
It is getting much better.

So why don't you do your course in Teuge as well? Maybe we'll see each other in Teuge some day?

Tot ziens
Benedikt
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.