VectorBoy

What kind of paint?

Its hard to get paint to stick to any kind of plastic, I have had good results using 80 grit initially with two coats of epoxy primer sanded smooth with a polyeurithane topcoat (I am a painter) so without access to industrial primers your best bet is to check out the new lines of krylon paints that are formulated to be used on plastics. I havent used them yet so cannot attest to whether they work as advertised or not.

Just a regular rattle can will look fine for a short period of time but start to chip and flake fairly soon depending on how abused the helmet is.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

There is a product called Bulldog Adhesion Promoter that you can find a most automotive paint suppky stores. Spray it on before you paint plastic, rubber, and vinyl, works really great. Not sure it would work for touch up situations.

"The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few, or the one" - rehmwa

Its hard to get paint to stick to any kind of plastic, I have had good results using 80 grit initially with two coats of epoxy primer sanded smooth with a polyeurithane topcoat (I am a painter) so without access to industrial primers your best bet is to check out the new lines of krylon paints that are formulated to be used on plastics. I havent used them yet so cannot attest to whether they work as advertised or not.

I used the Krylon made for plastic and I've had very good results. I applied several coats to my pro-tec helmet (after thoroughly cleaning and roughing up the surface with fine grit sandpaper).
Since painting its recieved a bunch of dings, bangs, and scrapes and I have not had any of the original surface show through at all. No chipping or peeling at all so far.

Good stuff. Wears very well.
__

My mighty steed

I would say try the little automotive cans of paint for scratches and nicks. they like 3 bucks at walmart or automotive stores. worst case scenaro, it flakes off and you just try another paint or go for the stickers.

im not sure if sanding is really a good option for if hes just got a few scratches to fill... seems like overkill.

MB 3528, RB 1182

I'm familiar with the two parts and epoxies having totally redone my A3. I just don't want to waste the money since this helmet is plastic. I'm familiar with the bulldog as a way of using cheaper sign painters colors between expensive two part clears.

I will give the krylon a try.