damion75

Unmanifested in Baghdad...

Hi to one and all. New to the website although I've been jumping for a couple of years... just idle I guess! Anyway, having met a few of you in Eloy over the new year B|I reckoned it was time to log on.

That and the fact that I am stuck in Iraq for the next six months with no planes and an internet terminal on my desk!! Ain't life a bitch!! I guess this is where I pay back for all those cheap jump tickets...:S

So if you have any top jumps to talk about to remind me what I'm missing then I'd love to hear about it as I am missing the clear air up there mightily (not to mention my rig - pining for me back in the UK!)

Frank.

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Could be! It was all a bit of a daze there, racing to pack and get on the next lift... ;)wondering whether the hi-alti lift would actually happen today etc!! I was hanging out with flygurl a bit if that helps?:S

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Hey, how did I get drug into this???

Glad you made it to the forums... I told you there'd be cool people in here. Take Skymama for instance.

Anyway, don't be shy and best of luck dodging mortars.:o

Kara

"One out of every four American's are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."

Frank -

Thanks for serving over there -

Particularly with the dangerous conditions, I am sure it does not make it any easier -

Keep your eyes sharp and your head low.

Hang in there. We'll keep a spot on the plane warm for ya '

"The helicopter approaches closer than any other to fulfillment
of mankind's ancient dreams of a magic carpet" - Igor Sikorsky

Hey man, welcome to the forums and sorry about the misfortune of your current place of residence. I served over there the first time and I definitely feel you guys have it rougher, Way different over there now then it was in 90-91'... Anyway, good luck and hurry back, there is far too much sky to fill up by ourselves, we need more people in the air.

"Sure, those Golf Carts may look all warm and fuzzy, but they WILL take a chunk out of your ass!"

Hey man,
What day were you on the high alt lift..the 4th? I was on that load

I think it was on the 2nd - it was the one supposed to be on 31 Dec that kept getting put back. Cool though - I never knew that it was impossible to whistle about about 17000 feet!:S