Erja

Hi there!!

Hey, all you incredible people in this sport. When I started skydiving I just turned fifteen. I didn´t know what to expect, everything was new to me. (In one sunday I watched tv, there came program from skydiving. The very next day I called to the DZ and found myself in course couple weeks after). I didn´t know any people and actually nothing about skydiving. But it didn´t went a long time untill I was "inside" and wanted to really learn more. In our DZ I was the only young person there, a couple was 18 and all other were very old (I hope they don´t get angry for that ;)). So at first it was hard to find out something in common. Even I had played football over 9 years (and numerous other sports) I couldn´t say, that I had found sport that I really love. But after some jumps and spending time in DZ I knew that "this is it". Thanks to all you fantastic person who helped me and always remembered to smile!
Now I´m starding the third season and waiting all unforgotten jumps and of course all the nice evenings around campfire! Now I actually believe I will still skydive when I´m fifty years old. Like older skydiver say: Ones you start, you can´t stop.. Funny but so true :)Greetings to all you sky-sibling from cold Finland (now there is 20F´)
Kerran kun sen aloittaa ja jos se kolahtaa, on turhaa yrittää unohtaa..
If you are skydiver, you should know what this mean..
-Erja-

Welcome! 20 degrees F is sounding pretty good right now. In Detroit we've been dealing with some nasty Arctic air. BTW what does that sig line of your's mean?:P

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

Hi, last week the temperature was here -5F´ so I don´t know if I could really say that now is cold..

I knew somebody will gonna think over it ;) It´s finish and its means " ones you start it and if you like it, it´s unnecessary to try forget.."
Kerran kun sen aloittaa ja jos se kolahtaa, on turhaa yrittää unohtaa..
If you are skydiver, you should know what this mean..
-Erja-

Now I actually believe I will still skydive when I´m fifty years old.

Hey I resemble that..

Welcome to the site and welcome to the sky.. There is no reason what so ever that you will not be jumping in 30 plus years... just stay safe. I would be out at the DZ today but its really cloudy and snowing here in Snohomish( nearSeattle WA USA) and no visibility.

Erja, welcome to the forums and this great sport. You may not know it but, your introduction concluded a great day of skydiving. You are absolutely correct, there are a lot of great people in this sport. Take Care and Good Luck!

In Christ
Dave Smith