redramdriver

Going Public...delete Lurker Status Symbol

1st...Happy New Year to all my brothers and sisters
2nd...Wishing that all had a Great holiday season
3rd...A big hello to all my friends at SkydivePA...and to my ankle braclet pal Cindy...hope your healin up great for this coming season.

Now about me (wouldn't be proper if I didn't say something!). I made my first jump late in 2002. Knew when I was young that I wanted to, cause Dad was an Army jumper, but never got around to it till then...and btw...im 43 now so us older people got to stick together.
Stopped smoking 2 1/2 years ago. Gained some weight that I didn't want or need. Went on a diet of lets just say eating lots and lots....of nothing! Lost close to 50 lbs and I am still wanting to loose about 20 more. It really is all the BEER honey.
Started a new year right (2003), spent all my time and extra $$$$ at the drop zone, and this year earned my "A", finally, on November 1st.
I have 28 jumps total and am looking forward to many more this year. Don't have my own rig just yet and when I do I know there will be more jumping then standing in line waiting for a rig to rent. So if any of you wish to donate to my "buy him a rig" fund I will be more then happy to take your money, or you could give me a lift to 13,500 and just simply push my ass out and tell me to walk home.
I am a Truck Driver by profession, my beautiful wife Marina enjoys watching, and just maybe have talked her into a tandem this year....maybe.
We have 5 wonderful kids between us..none of which live at home, we have shipped them all out to work the salt mines.:)We drive about 2 hours to get to the DZ...so we aren't as lucky as some, but not as far away as others.
Lost a good friend this past year....blue ones to you my friend.
Am always learning, appreciate the constructive comments and am big enuff to take the not so constructive ones...and if not just kick yer ass around a little bit...and have another beer (just kidding honey).
I am a very fast faller...have heard both pos/neg about that...we will all get over it. Some like it, some don't.
My wife takes a crap load of pictures, as my friends can attest to, hell gotta give her something to do, all she says is that I live and breath skydiving. She tells me there are other important things in life, I am waiting for her to give me just one, mine you just one, friggin example...lol
So I will post some of those soon, and an avatar (sp) of me soon as well....thanks for all the postive vibes..and the support...again...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!:S
So, you bring your beer?

Its 5 o'clock somewhere
POPS #9344

Redram,

Welcome to the forums. If you ever get to Cross Keys, I'll be glad to do a jump with you.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

Glad to have you onboard and Happy Holidays to you as well. Congrats on your "A" and keep up the good work. And hope you can get your wife to try out a tandem. Tell her Mike says she'll love it!! B|.....